Nuced queen colony been taken over by a prime swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had it happen to a small cast that took up residence in a bait hive literally 2 frames of bees at most…I had left them a couple of weeks as was short on time and didn’t really have any place for them. On returning the whole brood was bursting with bees. CGF was the nuc a reasonable size?

I’ve had it happen to a small cast that took up residence in a bait hive literally 2 frames of bees at most…I had left them a couple of weeks as was short on time and didn’t really have any place for them. On returning the whole brood was bursting with bees. CGF was the nuc a reasonable size?
Hang on I’ve just read my diary it’s a cast swarm been taken over by a prime swarm the cast was covering 5 frames and the nuc is a double nuc bait hive ,does that help?

Hang on I’ve just read my diary it’s a cast swarm been taken over by a prime swarm the cast was covering 5 frames and the nuc is a double nuc bait hive ,does that help?
Queen was dead on the pallet infront of the nuc prime swarm queen present and marked laying ,doesn’t look like any fighting has happened.

Latest posts

Back