Nuc Covers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people sell thin perspex/acrylic sheets on Amazon and Ebay if that's the sort of thing you're after.

James

Put a request on Freegle. Often get people with spare sheets willing to give them away.
Recycling is better for everybody. Square miles of the stuff have been thrown away after Covid.

I used some heavy duty polythene which I salvaged from a ripped poly tunnel. It worked very nicely.

If you have children/grandchildren there is an endless amount on toy packaging. The “see through” window of a cardboard box.

I find that kitchen drawer liner is easily cut with scissors to fit as a cover under the roof. You can get a translucent variant, but you won't see the bees through it.

find an ancient person who used to presentations on a thing now only in museums, an overhead projector
What do you mean ... an ANCIENT person who USED to do presentations on overhead projectors .... there's a lot to be said for the odd acetate - you can draw on them with felt tipped pens to highlight your point ! Many a fine tune plaed on an old fiddle !

What do you mean ... an ANCIENT person who USED to do presentations on overhead projectors .... there's a lot to be said for the odd acetate - you can draw on them with felt tipped pens to highlight your point ! Many a fine tune plaed on an old fiddle !
While being half blinded by the bright light ... I havent used them this century for their original intention, But the remaining box of "acetates" from the last century is used for bee keeping.

Craft shops or stationery stores will usually have actate in various forms. I have a box of A4 plastic folders which have clear fronts - handy for all sorts of jobs.

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I have cursed disposing of the OHP acetates but searching on the internet I found some 0.25mm acetates at a good price and I am awaiting their delivery. Thanks again.

Back