Not a Bee keeper but need advise

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetill

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi Forum Members.

Just trying to seek out some advise on moving a small Bug / Bee house that for the first time in 10 years has been made a home!

This is right by my patio doors and ideally needs to be moved.

Any advice on whether this is possible, and the best way to be as least disruptive.

I have taken some photos as I am aware that the advise may vary on the type of bee.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7516.JPG
    IMG_7516.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7528.JPG
    IMG_7528.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7532.JPG
    IMG_7532.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 1
Enjoy their activity, they are harmless. I'm watching the same just outside the back door.
Agree, they are solitary bees, very gentle and would have to be seriously provoked to sting. Fascinating creatures and you are lucky to have your bug hotel occupied. Leave them be and enjoy them.

Hi Forum Members.

Just trying to seek out some advise on moving a small Bug / Bee house that for the first time in 10 years has been made a home!

This is right by my patio doors and ideally needs to be moved.

Any advice on whether this is possible, and the best way to be as least disruptive.

I have taken some photos as I am aware that the advise may vary on the type of bee.

Many thanks.
How wonderful. Just watch them. They are very entertaining and harmless.
All three moderators agreeing....a rare thing :nature-smiley-013: :nature-smiley-013:

They are in the wall holes all round my back door. Love them to bits!

This is lovely to read!!!! thank you so much everyone. We have defiantly been enjoying them!

This is lovely to read!!!! thank you so much everyone. We have defiantly been enjoying them!
Wait till later in the season when the leaf cutters are out and about. Look for semicircular pieces removed from rose leaves. If you watch you’ll see them flying back to the bee hotel carrying bits of leaf. Or sometimes a petal.

You can move it a few meters without doing any harm, just try and keep it facing the same direction/same height, they usually prefer to face south-ish. I would hang it on the wall a couple of meters away from the current spot to stop them flying into the house by accident.

Latest posts

Back