Nonsense never cease in beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 + a few nucs....this has to stop!
I was just browsing through my Instagram to see how well I have done in life based on my number of "likes" when an advert for a phone app allowing you to scan frames of brood for varroa just popped up. It looks as if you use your phone camera to do so.... I didn't want to waste 2 minutes of my life checking it out but perhaps should have done so for the comedy value!

I was just browsing through my Instagram to see how well I have done in life based on my number of "likes" when an advert for a phone app allowing you to scan frames of brood for varroa just popped up. It looks as if you use your phone camera to do so.... I didn't want to waste 2 minutes of my life checking it out but perhaps should have done so for the comedy value!
Yes indeed you should have! 😂

It's possible it works.

If the proportion of mites that ride the bee in a visible position is fairly constant.
If it can identify those mites & count them accurately.
If it can count the bees accurately.
If the frame imaged is representative.

That's a lot of "if"s though!

It's possible it works.

If the proportion of mites that ride the bee in a visible position is fairly constant.
If it can identify those mites & count them accurately.
If it can count the bees accurately.
If the frame imaged is representative.

That's a lot of "if"s though!
Mite thing is sometimes easy thing

Back