Non Treatment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would treat with thymol gel, but it is too much trouble to close off OMF's.

I will trickle in winter, I cull a lot of drone brood, and all of my colonies have had at least one application of lactic acid this season because they were all at some point broodless.

Nope, fully registered as a professional in France with the Min of Agriculture and all that goes with it. As I have said, no losses, no sick bees, no problems, no weird bee behaviour, no fiddling, no inspections and the only treatment a few doses of icing sugar.

Now I would say that I find the fiddlers approach to be more high risk reading the things that I do on here...

.....oh, and you've lost your money, how much was it, or doesn't being fully French registered count?

Chris

well said :)

lmao, cant wait for the cheap kit from all the losses, keep telling them all not to treat, very responsible.

love the trolls too :)

LOL . . .

Having a good year I trust Jez . . . in need of all that cheap kit come the spring?

Oh dear, here we go again, silly and sad.

I have never advised anyone to do anything other than look at all the available information and then think for themselves rather than being a sheep, but then I guess some people just like a father figure or to be told what to do. Now I'm sure many will conclude that fiddling about and treating their hives is a good thing and the way to go - fine by me although I cringe when I read some of the things that people do and the resulting mess.

So, very simply, the way I manage my hives now works for me, (and the bees), that's all I can say and there will be no cheap kit here. Perhaps I should add that my land is totally organic, I'm very strict about that, and surprisingly that works as well, superb vegetables, fruit and nuts.

Chris

well I was not going to treat my bees as they have no mites, I think of this as the flu, do I go to the doctors and get a flu jab or take the risk and I might get the flu, If I do will I die ? Being a strong human that has never taken any medication only honey and has contracted flu before so I have built up antibodies naturally so I assume I will survive. Now the question is have my bees built up antibodies ?

LOL . . .

Having a good year I trust Jez . . . in need of all that cheap kit come the spring?

:) counting my pennies lol, mind you the sales have started early this year so that is a welcome distraction

you may not believe it but I have loads of kit from last years sales that are still not built, I keep getting seconds that delays things

I believe no treatment is possible and still have healthy honey producing bees but like everything some bee colonies will survive and thrive and some will not without treatment. I would imagine at the moment more would not survive without treatment.

On the show us pictures of your bees thread, there is a chap who has posted a feral colony he has aquired, that has been feral for 4yrs. he describes it as a good honey producer but aggressive with a heavy varroa infestation. Post number 72. The thing is, there might be lots of varroa but the bees are still alive and surviving and are good honey producers. That would be a good colony to have as they appear to at the least be varroa tollerant.

click here for the post

Latest posts

Back