Nitrile long cuff gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alldigging

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Where do you get Nitrile long cuff gloves from?

justgloves.co.uk

Huge selection to choose from.

That's where I've been looking. The last lot I had were bodyguards blue longer cuffs in small but they've gone up a couple of quid from last time.
I am wondering about short cuff ones and using sleeve things to stop bees going up my sleeves...

I buy boxes of 100 short-cuffed latex gloves for £6 each from out local chemist, and wear them with wrist cuffs. I’ve not experienced bees getting trapped, but occasionally the glove and wrist cuff can move apart exposing a vulnerable wrist. I found that the best way to avoid that is to tuck the gloves in under the wrist cuffs, rather than wrapping them over the cuffs.
Ps: they’re powder-free - so, I have a tub of odourless chalk powder handy to rub on my hands for when I need to change gloves.

Last edited:
That the idea of the " wrist cuffs" or gauntlets as some catalogues describe the, they go over the cuff of the glove and over the sleeve of the suit. The elastic either end stops the bees getting in.

I buy boxes of 100 short-cuffed latex gloves for £6 each from out local chemist, and wear them with wrist cuffs. I’ve not experienced bees getting trapped, but occasionally the glove and wrist cuff can move apart exposing a vulnerable wrist. I found that the best way to avoid that is to tuck the gloves in under the wrist cuffs, rather than wrapping them over the cuffs.
Ps: they’re powder-free - so, I have a tub of odourless chalk powder handy to rub on my hands for when I need to change gloves.

I use them for all sorts of jobs mainly where i will get oil / grease or something smelly on my hands and also for the bees, i buy them for under £5 for 100 from a local car parts shop, Unigloves is the brand name.

Whatever length you use the sleeve things are great; you don't need to worry about any gaps as you move about.

The one time I forgot to wear the sleeve things, a bee decided to snuggle in the gap between my wrist and my watch strap.....maximum venom delivered!

I bought some from Bee Equipment at Beetradex. I've weened myself from leather to marigolds over my first season. Wore a pair of nitriles when checking fondant the other day and did find them riding up a bit.

I plan to double glove so I can change them if sticky or between hives. I think I might wear one pair with the suit and thumb loop over them, then the other pair over the top. Should help. But maybe the wrist guards are a better idea.

Latest posts

Back