• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nice to see a certain site has crashed already...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Just tried to buy a few bits - only to find that due to weight of traffic the site has crashed again this year - Hey ho the joys of technology!!

Yes, it went down at 12:03, All these beekeepers trying to save a few pennies

the had a few 14x12 made up at £25 but it crashed as i tried to order one

went down at 12.01 when I went on, it is working intermittently lol.

It said on the sale page only for collection at rand though

Yep ANYTHING on the site under Winter Sale can only be collected at Rand.
Oh well, money stays in my bank rather than in theirs I guess :) Hubby will be pleased...

Last edited:
I won't say what I am thinking - but the 'move' concreted some thoughts I have had about the Forum for a while!!

Yep ANYTHING on the site under Winter Sale can only be collected at Rand.
Oh well, money stays in my bank rather than in theirs I guess :) Hubby will be pleased...

if you are correct ( still cant get on) then for me it is a 5 hours, 300mile round trip, so about £60 in fuel ( more if i take the defender)

Yikes .... I thought that the email regarding the T's sale (posted by Admin in another thread) said .... Orders over £100.00 will be sent carriage free within the UK, except the Channel Islands.

Can somebody who got the email confirm?

Hope so, otherwise I have a long long drive to Rand to look forward to! Also in a Defender! Grrr!

If you get as far as checkout, the options are free delvery if order value over £100 or free collection at rand

just crashed on me when checking out hope I don't get charged twice.

it lets you have delivery to your address when you go through check out don't worry.

Done that was an easy £500 spent. and that's without any hive parts.

Just had a very quick reply from Gill at T's. She said, I quote, 'Ignore this rubbish about Rand collection'.

They have no idea where it's come from and are working to sort it out at the moment!

well it allows me to buy by post free option (orders over £100) so the collect from Rand may have been a glitch VEG and QUEEN59 saw

BUT still cannot get fully on

Why choose Lunchtime to start up, all those deskbound beekeepers using their firm Computors with mega hi speed firbre optic connects and crashes the site and i sit hear with BT local loop

Last edited:
You are right the email said free postage if order is over £100

The pick up from Rand I saw intermittently before site crashed but either it or the emails incorrect, never got through to the paying bit but I suspect it will be clear there if delivery charge appears.

Yep, all running fine now! Definitely free delivery over £100 spend.

Just need to clear some room in the bee shed now!

They removed the BRIGHT RED collection only from Rand about an hour ago...

EDIT: It worked eventually, slowly but it did take about 17 attempts...the only reason I tried so hard was that hubby said it had to be ordered today - or I could go without...amateur!!

And Gill, sorry - I didn't mean the tag line to make it sound like I thought it was funny - I just have a thing about technology alleged to make life easier and in the end actually more stressful than a price list and order form or even a phone line...(I know that is available next week, but excuse as above)...

Oh, and can I ask - what am I buying or selling??? Don't understand the move otherwise - and as far as I know I am doing neither??

Last edited:
Just tried 2 order some things and my old adress and my new one came up so where its going i dont know.. I think i managed 2 cancell it but dont know iff i have,, gonna ring them on monday and find out... Dammmm computers

Back