Next ice age on the way.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manny, Diego and Sid will be so happy. A 5th movie in the series.

You forgot the real star of the show...

Scrat_%282%29.jpg

Yep world leaders have made their money from global warming and have now switched it around to global cooling, so what hidden tax can they hit us with this time

Hahahaha....going to be 25C here tonight, not 2,5C. Winding the drone colonies up for when we start serious queen production again in late September.

The Independent had an article in 2000:

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

http://tinyurl.com/yz8urac

I must have dreamed the 3 meter drifts up the road in 2012..

still waiting for the Kent grown pineapples that the daily mail promised twenty years ago

SWHBO replanted our garden to the design plan that Monty Don publicised in the guardian and on BBC 2001 http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2001/jul/01/gardens

looked lovely until 2002 and now not single drought resistant plant survives even though the planting area is South facing in full sun most of the day, currently due to 50mm of rain in 24 hours it is flooded

( ok i know in wales that 50mm is just a light shower but for us 50mm in 24 hrs is a deluge)

Didn't 'global warming' become 'climate change' a while ago?

Climate change goes on all the time and has done since the Earth formed. the BBC are STILL pushing the ranting warmist agenda and Governments tax us because its a nice excuse. Australia seems to have seen through the smoke and mirrors and there are indications India has too.

"warmist agenda" you mean the scientist consensus. the people who study these things their entire working lives. do love that joe public thinks they get a vote on hard data.
yes a few scientist disagree their are always a few in every field of research.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/what-if-its-a-big-hoax.jpg

The trouble is this: the "scientific consensus" you talk about was clear that temperatures were rising and would continue to do so. They told the public this in never ending detail from the late 1990s to around 2011... "warm winters and hot summers" said the Met Office. Not once but hundreds of times.

Well they were wrong. Which they now admit. Apparently they forgot that oceans act as heat sinks according to their latest theory.. Note I say theory as it is unproven.

Given they have been consistently wrong for the past 15 years or so, it is hardly surprising the public are sceptical..

The true test of any scientific theory is whether actual results follow the theoretical ones. So far they don't. And they have not for 15 years.....

And remember these theories are all based on such huge and complex computer programs that no one person can understand more than a fraction of them. So the scope for significant errors is large.

Wonder what else their programs have forgotten to include.....

Note I don't say the earth is not warming. It has been for the past 30,000 years.. I have the glacial rocks I can see out of our window which were carved in the last Ice Age when we were covered with half a mile of ice....

(It must have been the fault of those neanderthals hunters then....:winner1st:)

The trouble is this: the "scientific consensus" you talk about was clear that temperatures were rising and would continue to do so. They told the public this in never ending detail from the late 1990s to around 2011... "warm winters and hot summers" said the Met Office. Not once but hundreds of times.

Well they were wrong. Which they now admit. Apparently they forgot that oceans act as heat sinks according to their latest theory.. Note I say theory as it is unproven.

Given they have been consistently wrong for the past 15 years or so, it is hardly surprising the public are sceptical..

The true test of any scientific theory is whether actual results follow the theoretical ones. So far they don't. And they have not for 15 years.....

And remember these theories are all based on such huge and complex computer programs that no one person can understand more than a fraction of them. So the scope for significant errors is large.

Wonder what else their programs have forgotten to include.....

Note I don't say the earth is not warming. It has been for the past 30,000 years.. I have the glacial rocks I can see out of our window which were carved in the last Ice Age when we were covered with half a mile of ice....

(It must have been the fault of those neanderthals hunters then....:winner1st:)

all good points, theory is a badly used term all over the place. theory is a very positive in science. like theory of gravity or eveolution.

but look at it this way were in a closed box we've added loads of CO2 to in the past 100 years. can we really exspect to do this and have no consequences? plus all these green things we do have lots of nice benefits like clean air and energy security. so why not?

all good points, theory is a badly used term all over the place. theory is a very positive in science. like theory of gravity or eveolution.

but look at it this way were in a closed box we've added loads of CO2 to in the past 100 years. can we really exspect to do this and have no consequences? plus all these green things we do have lots of nice benefits like clean air and energy security. so why not?

I did not say I disagreed with any of the green energy schemes - I do not. Saving energy makes sense - oil reserves are finite - although expanding due to recent finds over the past 15 years.

What gets me - and I suspect many others - is the arrogant way some warmists insist they are right. On everything. As if a concession in part means the whole story will come crashing down.

Arrogance and authoritarian and definitive pronouncements - subsequently proven wrong - leave nowhere for people to go but suspect it's all lies.

( Just see Iraq and what it has done for Tony Blair's reputation)

i suspect the authoritarian attitude from some warmists is mostly due to frustration with the idiots spreading miss information!
eg look cold day today global warming is a lie!
only problem with the oil we keep finding is its in bloody stupid places !

Latest posts

Back