Newbie in Cheshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanfonj

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all. Very new to the bee keeping world - haven’t even got any bees yet! I’ve got a hive and the basic tools. Hoping to get a nuc in spring. Also hoping to find a course nearby, but everywhere seems booked at the moment. So it looks like I’ll be asking many questions!

Welcome ... lots to read on here that will stand you in good stead for when you get your bees. Add in your location to your profile as it helps when/if you need any advice.

Hi all. Very new to the bee keeping world - haven’t even got any bees yet! I’ve got a hive and the basic tools. Hoping to get a nuc in spring. Also hoping to find a course nearby, but everywhere seems booked at the moment. So it looks like I’ll be asking many questions!
Join the local club if courses are booked, try to offer your services to an established beek many welcome the assistance. Find 1 worth helping though, not just any old muppet😇

1 Have you ordered honeybees yet ?? If not I would do it as soon as possible..

BEE HAPPY Jim@134 :)

If you are really lucky someone on here close to you might offer you a hands on before you buy anything just to give you a taster!

Let me know where you are as I am also on the Shropshire/Cheshire (and Staffordshire) border. If close, you could come and get hands on experience.
Well done.....proud of you. Thanks!

I'm also in Cheshire but the other end of the county. I also found all the courses booked up when I started over 10 years ago, so just got a few books and read up over winter. Got an order in for bees early and kept in touch with the seller until they were ready so they knew I was serious.
I made a few mistakes to begin with but that's how you learn. Good luck

Latest posts

Back