Excited newbie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gubby_uk

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi all,
I'm new to beekeeping, so please be gentle with me if I ask a dumb question. I'm based in the New Forest and I'm hoping to set up my first hive shortly. I'm just looking at suitable plots to start with. Luckily a friend of mine has been keeping bees for many years and is going to mentor me. I've been reading posts on here and it is fascinating. Just the different hives and set ups is mind boggling. Still, looking forward to learning.

Hi all,
I'm new to beekeeping, so please be gentle with me if I ask a dumb question. I'm based in the New Forest and I'm hoping to set up my first hive shortly. I'm just looking at suitable plots to start with. Luckily a friend of mine has been keeping bees for many years and is going to mentor me. I've been reading posts on here and it is fascinating. Just the different hives and set ups is mind boggling. Still, looking forward to learning.
Really good information from everyone on this forum ,years of experience between them all ,I'm a newbie too no bees as of yet ,busy being mentored before I get bees later this year .Making hive stands for my hives I've restored and painted ,made a super and crown boards today .2 hives will be in my garden another third at my daughters
John

Attachments

• 20230504_093058.jpg
    20230504_093058.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230504_093126.jpg
    20230504_093126.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230504_093108.jpg
    20230504_093108.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230501_215348.jpg
    20230501_215348.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230501_215513.jpg
    20230501_215513.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Hi , I too have just started on my bee keeping journey and have to training apiary days coming up
I also see you are very local to me
Did you do the NFBKA beginners course ?
Hi.
I'm waiting to hear back from the NFBKA about membership. A friend of mine has been keeping bees for 30 odd years and has taken me under his wing. Are you a member? If so I look forward to meeting you 👍

Hi.
I'm waiting to hear back from the NFBKA about membership. A friend of mine has been keeping bees for 30 odd years and has taken me under his wing. Are you a member? If so I look forward to meeting you 👍
At the moment an associate member as don’t have bees but as soon as I do then I’ll upgrade to a full member.
They are a very friendly bunch

At the moment an associate member as don’t have bees but as soon as I do then I’ll upgrade to a full member.
They are a very friendly bunch
Hopefully they will get back to me soon and I can come on down. I've sent .y form in, just got to be patient.

Latest posts

Back