New suit needed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linoleum bonypart

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My bbwesr suit is a bit ragged now i know bb and sheriff are the market leaders but are there any other which are good …. Any one own the Paynes breeze
Cheers

After sales care is really good with BBwear... They can patch and fix bits for you if needed, might be an option rather than buying new?

I just got a deluxe suit from them, couldn't be happier with it, compared the raggedy old thing I was wearing!

My bbwesr suit is a bit ragged now i know bb and sheriff are the market leaders but are there any other which are good …. Any one own the Paynes breeze
Cheers
I have a Logar jacket, excellent quality and good price.

Cheers
Swienty Breeze is fantastic for working in hot weather - can wear t-shirt and shorts and stay relatively cool

I’d never stray from my Sherrif suits excellent and proven over the years.

I have a sheriff and a bbwear and both are great. But for value the simon the beekeeper pro range is good.
With less expensive suits be aware that the materials can be of inferior quality and the suit may not last as long. This is particularly true of the zips and the veil.

With less expensive suits be aware that the materials can be of inferior quality and the suit may not last as long. This is particularly true of the zips and the veil.
Yes was not saying it as good a quality as either my sheriff or bbwear suits but as a spare I was impressed by the quality for the price. it came with a spare veil too, so that should prolong its life. If I only had a couple of hives and it was not going to get the hammer my suits get I would give it a consideration.

Can I throw in the Swienty Breezer suit as an option ?

I got one from Modern Beekeeping and prior to that direct from Swienty on their very good website (it has an English option)

Ok they are a little heavier than the standard suit but as they are pretty much sting proof and have a very strong veil, lots of pockets, and a 'modesty panel' around the shorts area you can indeed, if you wish, practice naked beekeeping under it.

(I don't btw and no there are no photos) but I often wear just shorts and a t-shirt under in the summer and I get far less hot wearing it than I used to in the older cotton garments. Also when dealing with prickly hives it really allows you to sort them out not wondering when you're going to get stung again through the patch on your shoulders/arm/legs that ahs become damp with sweat.

I recommend this bee suit to all beekeepers I meet now.

KR

Somerford

For what it is worth...

'Bee Proof Suits' : Bee Suits | beeproofsuits are currently offering 60% off their suits. You need to use 'SIXTYOFF' at the checkout. I have no idea what the quality is like, but I have ordered one and will report back.

Given the deep discount and the limited range of sizes in stock, it may be that they are getting out of the business

I actually bought the swienty breeze ….it’s well made and you actually feel the cool air coming through it …I am hot stuff so very pleased so far

I bought a new suit for this season from Simon the beekeeper that I'm well pleased with. It was their Professional version.
Well made, good zips and came with 2 extra veils and 2 year warranty.

Just received my Sentinel Pro from Old Castle. Very pleased with the service, price and the suit.

Thanks to the forum members too. I took your advice.

Latest posts

Back