New National Poly options

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic Rhodes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
About 30 and in every shape and material but changing number daily!!
I see that Payne$ are getting closer with their National BS and 14 X 12 hives (delivery mid oct but intro prices up). Also abelo-beekeeping-equipment on ebay have a new National poly (and Langstroth / mating nucs). Has any had a chance to see / buy any yet to try.

i have 1 of abelo's 1st poly hives i bought earlier this year which didn't have the 2 supers or varoa floor, it had 2 brood boxes floor and roof, they are solid hives and well built but the problem with mine is where the roof closes onto the bb the seal seems to have a capillary action when it rains and sucks some water in so i have put a cover over the top

I've (obviously) not seen the Payne$ poly Nationals yet, but do have their poly nucs. I also have poly Nationals from M odern B eekeeping. Of the two I'm much happier with the latter. Better designed and denser/harder poly. At least that's what they feel like with a combination of the fingernail test and various bumps and knocks they've received in general usage.

--
fatshark

Latest posts

Back