New Member with worry about dead bees outside hive and being brought out of the hive!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ... where do you live ? This will have a bearing on what is happening with your bees ... beekeeping to a great extent follows the seasons which vary from country to country and even within countries....
Original post stated Kew Gardens area I think

@Boylucid I've got in-laws in Hampton (I live in Farnborough) and am mentoring them as they start out with bees. Next time I'm up I'll see if I can get up your way and take a look if you'd like? I'm nowhere as experienced as many on here are but have a few colonies and hopefully at the least can take a look and report back for advice to this lot if there's something that stumps me.

Edit; or speak to local BKA/SBI; the latter can be very helpful especially when you're starting out.

@Boylucid I've got in-laws in Hampton (I live in Farnborough) and am mentoring them as they start out with bees. Next time I'm up I'll see if I can get up your way and take a look if you'd like? I'm nowhere as experienced as many on here are but have a few colonies and hopefully at the least can take a look and report back for advice to this lot if there's something that stumps me.

Edit; or speak to local BKA/SBI; the latter can be very helpful especially when you're starting out.
That's a good offer ....

that would be fantastic! I can pay for your expenses and invite you for tea.
Best Boy Lucid

I will certainly do that if I am able to climb the ladder knowledge and be able to offer sound advice.
could you email me your contact details to any idea when I will be rolling out the red carpet?

Best. Boy lucid

Last edited by a moderator:
I will certainly do that if I am able to climb the ladder knowledge and be able to offer sound advice.
could you email me your contact details to ******** any idea when I will be rolling out the red carpet?

Best. Boy lucid
I've DM'd you. You may want to remove your email from the post above as the forum can be viewed publicly.

Hello All,

I would like to give you an update on my Dead Bee situation, forum member Wilco very Kindly came to Leafy Kew today to inspect my hive and all is fine, my queen is happily ensconced and all is good and healthy, so as many of you diagnosed it was a clearing of drones which was the issue. With wilco I also placed my National Hive into the old insulated hive in preparation for the winter ahead, removed two frames of honey from the healthy payload of honey in the super as the bees rent for room and board leaving the remaining for their survival through the winter.

Due to forum members stating that my verrola sticks were inadequate we fumigated with oxalic acid which I last used in the 1970's on the decaying timber of my Morris Traveller. I will do 3 more fumigations every 5 days as there was some sign of verrola in the hive.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you all and also the forum organizers for creating this forum. See you in the future......IMG_0322.jpg

Best wishes

Boylucid

Some well cared for bees- nice strong colony and will be even stronger soon. Was able to taste some of that honey, which had a wonderful aroma and taste! @Boylucid, thank you very much for trusting me, as a complete stranger, to take a look and also for your hospitality. :)

Latest posts

Back