New Member to the Forum, just saying hello!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi all, I wanted to get something up on the forum and introduce myself to everyone :). i'm excited to be among a group of people that finds bees as fascinating and incredible as I do! I don't have a lot of hive experience, I worked with an Apiary this past summer, and I loved the work and couldn't get enough... I'm majoring in sustainable agriculture, and hope to work with the honeybee for as long as she'll tolerate me!

good to meet you. we have a few members from your side of the pond

Welcome, LA 009.

Sounds like you are at a similar stage to myself; dying to get started but having to wait, wait, wait.....

On the whole, it's a good place to be. People don't seem to mind us newbies asking the same old stupid questions. I think you need to surf it lightly and not take any one view too seriously; in a good post the best advice usually rises to the surface, and that's the time to pick your own new prejudice!

Of course, there are one or two prima donnas, the odd screwball and people with something or other in their bonnet. There are the occasional cat fights which sound alarming at first but die down, as ego clatters against ego. But you soon get to know who's all mouth and trousers.

Oh, and get yourself a good avatar.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
your picture is awesome! thanks for the welcome. I'll try to kep an open mind, i'll get on that avatar quick! i'm still trying to get a feel for the profiling stuff

Thanks, pal.

Actually, there's a story behind that behind.

You may well know that one way of rehoming a swarm is to turn it out on a white sheet, just below the hive entrance.

Well, in this case, someone made a terrible, terrible mistake.

And what you see are the last few to make themselves at home.........

Last edited:
Actually, there's a story behind that behind.

Well in Devon a beekeeperist removed a swarm from a ladies bush !:svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo:

not worthynot worthynot worthy

Welcome to the forum, I have found this site excellent for all my questions as a new beekeeper. Though this will be my second winter with bees fingers crossed they make it through.

Latest posts

Back