• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New keeper needs everything

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beestingjohn

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Starting out beekeeping and have nothing at present, so need the lot!
Looking to find beekeeper who wants retire and sell everything in one go, Hampshire area or close i.e. Sussex/Dorset. Will pay sensible money but only for quality equipment.

So are quite a few new beekeepers! You may find old'uns reluctant to hand over to a newbee unless they know you. Best bet is to join your local beekeeping association, get on a course, and go to their auction, should be able to pick up a few things there (in more than one sense!)

Thanks for your replies, I thought it would be a long shot.
Currently on a course and have joined our local Beekeeping association.
Guess will have to go auctions & see what I can get!

Went to a roup in Morayshire, farmer selling up his bees, some 50 colonies.

Wife told me the order of importance to her hubby.

Bees

Dog

Farm

Wife.

He was buying in hives a month later, couldn't bear to be beeless.

Be Warned....

PH

have alook on ebay there's always stuff on it,but be careful anyone can sell anything!

i would not recommend a newbie to buy from fleabay, as there are lot of overpriced stuff. Do your homework and/or chat with a local beek who can advise you weather its worth buying or not

Please see my new posting of hives and equipment for sale in Newbury, so near to you.
Stripey.

Hi Stripey, You sound like the type of seller I was thinking of when I made this post, we need to have a chat and get together?

Ah technology! I sent a private message in reply to another yesterday but now can't see how to send a private message on this forum. But if I could I would send you my phone number which you are welcome to call to discuss. If you want it, send me a PM and I will reply to it.

Left clock on the name of the person you want to send a PM to and select send private message

Latest posts

Back