Neopoll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you colonies are doing so well, but then again so are a lot of others too. You only have to read the number of threads on here about how rapid colonies are building up this spring to see that.

Last year was good for pollen, lots of pollen stores, this builds up the last two brood cycles before winter into strong bees that lay down plenty of vitellogenin.
This gives them strong survivability over winter.

Plenty of pollen stores available in spring before adequate pollen from foraging means colonies can initiate brood rearing early and sustain that brood until adequate forage is available.

Neopol is better than nothing, but it isn't the answer. You need a far better balanced protein supplement to have any lasting effect.

Just my opinion of course.

I fear it is more to do with the very mild winter than the neopoll i would suggest HM Honey

Hi Sipa

I agree there are too many other favourable contributing factors to be able to say with any sort of justification that the Neopoll has made a big difference, if I'm honest. Its more a gut feeling.

Just the fact that the bees consume it so readily and quickly says to me that it can only be a good thing (I may well be wrong, of course).

As I said, I am forming no conclusions due to the other positive contributing factors but the results this year have certainly not put me off putting it on again next year.

I guess the real test would only be achieved in a slow build up year but I cant control the weather unfortunately....lol

I fear it is more to do with the very mild winter than the neopoll i would suggest HM Honey

You could quite possibly be right Chris. Unfortunately because it does appear to be a quick build up spring, its impossible to say with any sort of certainty whether or not the Neopoll has helped.

Latest posts

Back