Need help reguarding Bee diseases.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rooftops.
Thanks so much for your help so far. i understand the difficulty in saying what happened when not seeing the actual hive, but thanks again.
I should not have had a varroa problem since my stats show no sign of varroa for this hive through out last year, and have used Bayvarol strips which i took out not long ago.
So i guess the disease part could not be Varroa.
I will for sure not use the hive and frames before sterilising.

What do you reckon i should do to the honey, i think there must be at least 20KG in the frames?

Thanks.
Cheers.

Sorry Matthew

I am guilty of speed reading some of the thread and looking at the pictures and making an assumption. However after reading it through a little more carefully I would still say there was something wrong with the stores or they found a contaminated water source which ended up being mixed into the honey.

You say you've lost a few colonies do they all look and smell roughly the same?

Mike a hi.

Not a problem at all, i enjoy it. yes i have lost quite a few hives this year. But this one is the only one that was lost this way. the rest from what i gathered were from CCD. CCD has arrived in Iran last year in huge numbers. It started from the west of Iran and worked it's way east and north. so i got it the past year unfortunately.
You asked about their water source, well it's a natural stream near by.
I do not understand what happened to my hive but i know it was very healthy with loads of stores before winter and a strong queen.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back