Near Fatality!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silex

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
So off I trundle to our local timber merchants to get a couple of pieces of wood I'm short of. On my way I pass Homebase and figure it'll save me a couple of miles drive if I can pick it up from there, and in I go...

I find the timber section and root out a couple of decent looking lengths of 2x1 pine, a feat worthy of note considering much of it wouldn't be worth a match to set fire to it never mind attempt to work with it. Then I stepped back with a gasp of shock! The price of said wood was the cause of my near hospitalisation due to heart failure.

Abandoning the 2x1 right at the front of rack, just to save some other poor soul the time it took me to find anything decent, I thought I'd check out the price of their 5mm plywood. I decided that if I remained someone would likely have to call an ambulance to get me to hospital, or maybe even an undertaker - that would have looked good in the local press, "Man Collapses in Shock At Homebase Prices"!

On my way out I walked past some plastic tiling edging and dared to peek at the price. £8 for a length I paid £5 for else where! Needless to say I ended up at the local timber merchants where I spent almost six pounds on the wood I wanted, that was quickly and effortlessly found. Had I shopped at Homebase the bill would have come to almost twenty pounds!

How do they remain in business?

So off I trundle to our local timber merchants to get a couple of pieces of wood I'm short of. On my way I pass Homebase and figure it'll save me a couple of miles drive if I can pick it up from there, and in I go...

I find the timber section and root out a couple of decent looking lengths of 2x1 pine, a feat worthy of note considering much of it wouldn't be worth a match to set fire to it never mind attempt to work with it. Then I stepped back with a gasp of shock! The price of said wood was the cause of my near hospitalisation due to heart failure.

Abandoning the 2x1 right at the front of rack, just to save some other poor soul the time it took me to find anything decent, I thought I'd check out the price of their 5mm plywood. I decided that if I remained someone would likely have to call an ambulance to get me to hospital, or maybe even an undertaker - that would have looked good in the local press, "Man Collapses in Shock At Homebase Prices"!

On my way out I walked past some plastic tiling edging and dared to peek at the price. £8 for a length I paid £5 for else where! Needless to say I ended up at the local timber merchants where I spent almost six pounds on the wood I wanted, that was quickly and effortlessly found. Had I shopped at Homebase the bill would have come to almost twenty pounds!

How do they remain in business?

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Latest posts

Back