National honey show 2015

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obee1

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
11 ish plus some nucs
So who is going to the honey show? I just booked 2 nights in lovely riverside log cabin about 5 miles from the show. Leaving our 16 year old daughter home alone for first time Eeek! Well her 24 year old brother will be around - sporadically - but somehow that's not much comfort!

So a long weekend away. An idyllic riverside retreat (so the ad says). No kids. bee talk.
Can't wait.

I did the spring show for the first time this year which was pretty good - which one is better?

I'm going on the Thursday, also pre-purchased some bits from Thorne's to pick-up at the show,

I'm not doing the thursday. Don't need any more kit plus not entering my honey - I may dip my toe in the water at a local show first to see how I fare!
I'm going to friday and Saturday. As I'm staying somewhere on the river I plan doing some non bee related things too😜- no erica I didn't mean what you suggested. Been married far too long for that kind of nonsense!

Planning some nice riverside walks- and a bike ride along the towpath. Also sussing out all the lovely gastro pubs nearby. Best of all. No kids. ( did I mention that bit!)

I will be attending for the first time this year. It's quite local to me so honey, wax and my display for marketing honey set up on the Wednesday, workshops on Friday and Saturday for the prize giving (well I can hope...)

Halloween! Torn between a zombie run and a scare park this year!
Yes. Bad move on my part. Leaving the 16 year old home alone - she's planning a Halloween 'small gathering'. Hmmmm

Been every year for the last 3 years, will be there Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Commute daily as it's only 12 miles for me.. lets hope there's no repeat of last years M25 Thursday accident.

Never been, closest i got was dropping Mike P off at a nearby hotel, ready to do his few days of talks, never seen so many vehicles or people, did not like that part of the country at all, was pleased to get back to the peace of Exmoor.

I went for a day last year.
If there is a lecture you want to see either book it or get there bloody early lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Never been, closest i got was dropping Mike P off at a nearby hotel, ready to do his few days of talks, never seen so many vehicles or people, did not like that part of the country at all, was pleased to get back to the peace of Exmoor.

And a nice drive it was, through Minehead with the castle on the hill, and past Bristol, and the market town with the ancient wool market, and past the military base, and on M? to Surrey. The time spent with you and your family was a highlight of my trip.

Latest posts

Back