Nadir AND rapid feeder at same time?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BernardBlack

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Put a half full super under the Brood box, so the bees would move the stores upwards into the Brood box (which was very light).

So far, that’s what they’re doing.... slowly.

Could I also put on a rapid feeder and feed them syrup from above as well?

I want to increase their stores for winter, and just wondered if this would work?

Put a half full super under the Brood box, so the bees would move the stores upwards into the Brood box (which was very light).

I want to increase their stores for winter, and just wondered if this would work?
As long as they have room in the top box that is where it will go. And then they will start to fill the bottom box. I would do one or the other myself

If the BB was very light and the nadired super was only half full I guess they need more syrup. No reason not to feed from above. Practice regular hefting and consider occasional weighing over winter using luggage scales - judging stores is a fine art!

Latest posts

Back