Mystery nibbler!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen hens chasing a rat and catching it. They dispatched it with a swift flick of the head then the 6 of them tore it apart. nothing left the next day!

I have seen hens chasing a rat and catching it. They dispatched it with a swift flick of the head then the 6 of them tore it apart. nothing left the next day!

They really seem to have a sense for when something is vulnerable, don't they? They might be brainless morons most of the time, but as soon as they sense they have the upper hand they're absolutely savage.

James

No not difficult at all you have to change the milk daily. I've made yoghurt but the bacteria in yoghurt apparently doesn't make it past the stomach stage where kefir does. It's worth researching as it's beneficial for all sorts of things not only the gut and the digestive system. My son started taking it for psoriasis, heard its excellent for eczema and the list goes on. I've given grains to a lot of family and friends with different ailments and all have had positive results.
I've recently finished reading Tim Spector's book Spoon-Fed - why almost everything we've been told about food is wrong. It is a well researched read and he too stresses the importance of microbes in our gut for helping to stay healthy. Kefir and sauerkraut ( :sick: ), amongst other probiotic, fermented foods are recommended. Kefir yoghurt is great on cereal and Yeo Valley from the Co-op is sweeter than Lidl's. Apparently research is ongoing as to the benefits of probiotics on mood, stress and anxiety too.

I've recently finished reading Tim Spector's book Spoon-Fed - why almost everything we've been told about food is wrong. It is a well researched read and he too stresses the importance of microbes in our gut for helping to stay healthy. Kefir and sauerkraut :)sick:), amongst other probiotic, fermented foods are recommended. Kefir yoghurt is great on cereal and Yeo Valley from the Co-op is sweeter than Lidl's. Apparently research is ongoing as to the benefits of probiotics on mood, stress and anxiety too.
It's fascinating especially if you make your own from the gains. Have a look at chuckling goat, there is an interesting article about how kefir helped her husband recover from mrsa. This book really good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-232607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-232607_Chrome.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 4
Noooooo …….little feathered dinosaurs
One of my daughters went for a job at a chicken farm. It was a rule staff were not allowed to work in the big sheds alone in case they became incapacitated as the chickens might start eating them. It's protein in't it?

No not difficult at all you have to change the milk daily. I've made yoghurt but the bacteria in yoghurt apparently doesn't make it past the stomach stage where kefir does. It's worth researching as it's beneficial for all sorts of things not only the gut and the digestive system. My son started taking it for psoriasis, heard its excellent for eczema and the list goes on. I've given grains to a lot of family and friends with different ailments and all have had positive results.
OH has psoriasis so that sounds amazing. Will have to give it a go when I have a minute….

I've recently finished reading Tim Spector's book Spoon-Fed - why almost everything we've been told about food is wrong. It is a well researched read and he too stresses the importance of microbes in our gut for helping to stay healthy. Kefir and sauerkraut ( :sick: ), amongst other probiotic, fermented foods are recommended. Kefir yoghurt is great on cereal and Yeo Valley from the Co-op is sweeter than Lidl's. Apparently research is ongoing as to the benefits of probiotics on mood, stress and anxiety too.
That’s a great book. Check out Michael Mosley ones too - Clever Guts Diet and Fast Diet.

Latest posts

Back