Mystery nibbler!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know, I used to be in the trade, but retired 20 years. There is obviously an unmet need so I'm having thoughts of making a simple purchase and setting up an endoscopy unit in my bee shed. Reduced fees for beekeepers.
Well the chap was doing ten that morning. There might be something in that 😂

In our day, Drex, the house surgeon/physician would be the first doctor to visit the patient and record a history (present complaint, past medical history, social history, occupational history etc). Then he would examine the patient (chest, abdo, nervous system) and record the findings. Then order blood tests and X-rays. Then present the findings to the chief on the next ward round.
They still do in Holby

Well it's an acquired taste but all our family on it. Initially bought it from a company by the bottle but then had my own grains. I did a lot of research on it and it's very interesting reading. Must people with today's lifestyle have an inbalance of gut bacteria off 80% bad 20 good, this readdresses the balance. This company sent samples to Aberystwyth University for tests and the results are incredible. Not only for digestive issues is used for many other things. I've been making my own for over 3 years with goats milk, cows can be used. Even for lactose intolerant because of the process is fine to use
Is it hard to make? I do my own yoghurt which is lovely (& also full of fab bacteria)

@Amari . Don't forget the 1 in 2 rotas we used to work either. All day, All night, all day, night off - repeat. Leading to 100+ hours per week, with overtime ( if your boss agreed to approve it) paid at 1/3 of the normal rate. We gained the experience though.

@Amari . Don't forget the 1 in 2 rotas we used to work either. All day, All night, all day, night off - repeat. Leading to 100+ hours per week, with overtime ( if your boss agreed to approve it) paid at 1/3 of the normal rate. We gained the experience though.
They don't make 'em like they used to.

Is it hard to make? I do my own yoghurt which is lovely (& also full of fab bacteria)
No not difficult at all you have to change the milk daily. I've made yoghurt but the bacteria in yoghurt apparently doesn't make it past the stomach stage where kefir does. It's worth researching as it's beneficial for all sorts of things not only the gut and the digestive system. My son started taking it for psoriasis, heard its excellent for eczema and the list goes on. I've given grains to a lot of family and friends with different ailments and all have had positive results.

Stick it up patients exhaust I suppose?
Reminds me of the catheter they shoved my todger after I was helicoptered up to Stoke NHS trauma unit for week in July 2017. Those nurses seemed to have a grudge frankly. Ended up discharging myself as they seemed as if they wanted me to stay forever.:eek::eek:

I have a nibbler of some kind too, some here will probably identify the culprit quickly.
It happened over time, starting as a light scratch and every few days when inspecting I noticed it getting deeper.
Any thoughts?
And thank you in advance, I don't mean to be hijacking someone elses thread but it seemed the right place to post.
PolyNucNibbler.jpg

Hens are disgusting. They'll eat just about anything. My wife found a dead rat in one of the runs yesterday. They'd eaten half of that
they do like to go for rats, I went up to the chikenarium once to find it was like an opencast site - they'd found an old rat hole and were busily digging down it just in case there was a rat at the end!

Latest posts

Back