my May Day fun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video but couldent you of been me creative with the ending credits lol

Nice Swarm Steve ... did you get them all ? We usually leave the box where it is until dusk and all the bees have gone in.

Like the instant honey jars.... better than the flow hive as it will come ready jarred ! Have you done this before or is it a first ?

Be sure to do us a video when you take them off ...

P

Nice Swarm Steve ... did you get them all ? We usually leave the box where it is until dusk and all the bees have gone in.

Like the instant honey jars.... better than the flow hive as it will come ready jarred ! Have you done this before or is it a first ?

Be sure to do us a video when you take them off ...

P

I probably left 40 or so behind, it started raining, plus I had to go to work that evening, bought the jars last year but was to late to try them, will certainly do an after video, as I will on the few flow frames I've ordered,lol

I probably left 40 or so behind, it started raining, plus I had to go to work that evening, bought the jars last year but was to late to try them, will certainly do an after video, as I will on the few flow frames I've ordered,lol

We'll all look forward to that ... and the video of you in your pyjamas adding the honey straight out of the flow hive onto the top of your muesli ...:icon_204-2::icon_204-2: Prove us all wrong !

We'll all look forward to that ... and the video of you in your pyjamas adding the honey straight out of the flow hive onto the top of your muesli ...:icon_204-2::icon_204-2: Prove us all wrong !

I'll accept that challenge matey :winner1st:

nice to see someone from here had left a negative comment on the you tube channel rather than here, your entitled to your opinion like everyone else, although it won't keep me awake at nights,

nice to see someone from here had left a negative comment on the you tube channel rather than here, your entitled to your opinion like everyone else, although it won't keep me awake at nights,

More important that newbies on You Tube saw my comment rather than here where I would be preaching to the converted.

But quite happy to repeat them here if you wish.

Did you use a head camera to film it?

no, a home made chest mount for go pro

More important that newbies on You Tube saw my comment rather than here where I would be preaching to the converted.

But quite happy to repeat them here if you wish.

it's an open forum, so you carry on doing whatever you want, as I will too, the difference between here and you tube is I can ban you from posting on my channel, so fill your boots

no, a home made chest mount for go pro

it's an open forum, so you carry on doing whatever you want, as I will too, the difference between here and you tube is I can ban you from posting on my channel, so fill your boots

Woah, how mature!!

It would be more constructive if you improve your beekeeping!

Woah, how mature!!

It would be more constructive if you improve your beekeeping!

don't need to, this is not the first swarm I've removed, they need shaking from the bush to get them to drop into the box, pussy footing around would not do that,and if anything make it worst, yes a few missed the box, but they crawled back in, a private road so not many passing cars to run them over as you so kindly pointed out, you may have different experiences, you may be a bee whisperer for all I know, and if you have a way that works for you then good luck to you, mine works and I have bees hives to prove it, so thank you for your comments, it may not have been mature of me to ban you, but it's a free world and why have a ban button and not use it ?
I just thank god each day I'm not one of those anal types

don't need to, this is not the first swarm I've removed, they need shaking from the bush to get them to drop into the box, pussy footing around would not do that,and if anything make it worst, yes a few missed the box, but they crawled back in, a private road so not many passing cars to run them over as you so kindly pointed out, you may have different experiences, you may be a bee whisperer for all I know, and if you have a way that works for you then good luck to you, mine works and I have bees hives to prove it, so thank you for your comments, it may not have been mature of me to ban you, but it's a free world and why have a ban button and not use it ?
I just thank god each day I'm not one of those anal types

We were actually thinking about danger to the public first and foremost, not the bees, private road or not.

Anyway, some good has come of this as our Regional Bee Inspector (Defra) has now seen this and is going to use it in his talks as "how not to do a swarm collection" with a notepad for people to write down all the things wrong with it as they watch.

Every cloud and all that.

just a constructive comment that you get more in the box first time if you spray them with water(sugar optional). just from my personal experiences may speed things up as less fly when you shake the bush.

just a constructive comment that you get more in the box first time if you spray them with water(sugar optional). just from my personal experiences may speed things up as less fly when you shake the bush.

good point, I'll give that a try in future

Latest posts

Back