My grand plan

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my great plan for this year was to over winter my 7 hives of good strong bee's in the heated bee shed.
turn the heating up in march with syrup and pollon feed, start the two main ones off, as bee quantity bee breeders and to use three of the others to make new queens with the others producing honey and wax.

by april /may time i was to have set the first ten+ queens and nucs on the go and then would have reset again to make another twenty nucs by late july time.
I was also going to set up two very small out apiaries one for breeding and one as a crop producer.

lovely plan that what realy happened was!!!!!!

my son went down with a walnut sized brain tumour and i got myself a job after three months of ub40 living in Luton and working in hatfield and enfield and colindale in london, so iam away all week, apart from the weekend and wednesday night when i came home and sat in a hospital ward for hours on end,

end result was only two hives of bee's and some honey

the friend who was supposed to be , bee sitting had the rest nicked and all i have for a years work is one naff hive and a completly braced comb filled triple of supers and a right game to get them sorted out for the winter feeding and survival.

i love it when a great plan works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I am so sorry. I hope you see a light at the end of the tunnel and that your son is well soon.

I have soooooooo enjoyed your forum videos.

dont worry about the lad he is well on the way to recovery thats why i have started to come back online as i put every thing on hold until the little sod was better,

i mean honestly how many times do you have to tell your kids , if you see a brain tumour on the side of the path to leave it along and dont play with it, bah kids, they never listen.

any way i have a bigger issue going on with my bees

Glad to hear things are better for you and your son now HP. You had indicated all was not good earlier in the year and its great to hear that you have come through it.

Now please get back to annoying the hell out of us all.

Seriously is great news

Lucky it was detected.

Too many doctors just tell you to take paracetamol...

For months I had severe pains on the side of my face/head..... on the records they put "headache". Covers them if your head explodes,, they just show records and say "he only complained of headaches"

the only reason they found it was because a six foot two big out house threw a massive temper tantrum in the hospital and they x rayed him to shut me and came back with " ah we seem to have found something"

enough of this lets talks bees.

so a year late and several hives less i am looking at starting the winter with four hives or maybe even two, but i stll want to be up to six mainn hives next year and some new queens and maybe even a few (6) nuc's as well

Nice to see you back HP.

Back on topic tho.

I had a plan for this year, unfortunately, it did not seem to coincide with the one the bees had.

From what I can recall, the only successful part, was the bit where I said I would learn more.

So now I have more knowledge, I now understand how little I actually know.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Latest posts

Back