My first season draws to an end.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlander

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
12 14x12 hives. 2 standard nationals and 8 14x12 nucs.
Just a unite left to do. Or should I re-queen? I need to make that decision over the next day or two as the hive and the nuc become closer together, after this I feel it will be the end of my first season and what a great season it’s been for both myself and Village Girl. We have collected three swarms, attended another two that up and left as we were setting up just after arrival. We have also, as many of you have read done a cut out in a church roof with Tonybloke so what a great season.

I would like to thank Admin, Mark and Hivemaker Pete for keeping up such a valuable resource. Also would like to thank all forum members from the big names who share that information with us (you all know who you are) though at times some make you work hard for the answers and also the lesser known as you all bring something valuable to the Forum.

Finally a big big thank you to Tonybloke who has made mine and Village Girl’s first season in beekeeping so very enjoyable and also many thanks to my bee buddy VG. :)

what a lovely post, Paul! ( have you been drinking? ) ;)

That is what beekeeping is all about, enjoyment that should never leave you, learning which should be continuous and experience which you will never stop gaining. It is a pleasure to read your posts
E

This forum is more of a community than many beekeeping associations!

:iagree: and just like local BKAs there are a few grumps, but well out numbered by the great beekeepers who are helpful on here. :Angel_anim:

Great resource, so again thanks to Hivemaker, Admin and all the guys you put so much effort into helping beginners like us

:iagree: and just like local BKAs there are a few grumps, but well out numbered by the great beekeepers who are helpful on here. :Angel_anim:

Great resource, so again thanks to Hivemaker, Admin and all the guys you put so much effort into helping beginners like us

I will 2nd that, or er 3rd it

many thanks

Pete D

Well I have to say that this resource has been invaluable and has made my first year 100 times easier.

I remember when I first came on with the ridiculous idea of wearing a mantle of bees as a charity fund raising stunt. This idea was very quickly shot down in flames by the experienced beeks and having now kept bees for a season, it's clear to see why...lol Although the sentiment behind the stunt was genuine, the isea itself was foolish.

so thanks to everyone who has offered advice and help, and thanks to the guys who created the forum. Keep up the good work.

Just a unite left to do. Or should I re-queen? I need to make that decision over the next day or two as the hive and the nuc become closer together, after this I feel it will be the end of my first season and what a great season it’s been for both myself and Village Girl. We have collected three swarms, attended another two that up and left as we were setting up just after arrival. We have also, as many of you have read done a cut out in a church roof with Tonybloke so what a great season.

I would like to thank Admin, Mark and Hivemaker Pete for keeping up such a valuable resource. Also would like to thank all forum members from the big names who share that information with us (you all know who you are) though at times some make you work hard for the answers and also the lesser known as you all bring something valuable to the Forum.

Finally a big big thank you to Tonybloke who has made mine and Village Girl’s first season in beekeeping so very enjoyable and also many thanks to my bee buddy VG. :)

And you and Village Girl helped Lois :)

I'll hopefully say hello one day, as I'm not too far away.

Well, this is a lovely thread and I would like to add my thanks as well!

I am half a world away from most all of you and my first season shows no sign of letting up as I just got another swarm and am about to do a split this afternoon....

But my beginning beekeeping has been made so much more interesting with the help of so many nice people on this forum.

I dont post a lot, but I do try to keep up with what is going on and share stories with my beekeeper friends here in Hawaii. I have learned SO MUCH here, it is a great resource and more importantly a wonderful group of people.

So cheers to all of you, and thanks to everyone who makes this forum such a wonderful community, even for far flung folks like me!

P.S. I have gone from one to 9 hives, including a TBH, and have put up 6 gallons of mead since my first Hello to you all!

I dont post a lot, but I do try to keep up with what is going on and share stories with my beekeeper friends here in Hawaii.
P.S. I have gone from one to 9 hives, including a TBH, and have put up 6 gallons of mead since my first Hello to you all!

Are there any photos of your bee hives? I'd quite like some cheery sunny pictures to look at (It's black outside and still raining here in 'sunny' Oldham)

Are there any photos of your bee hives? I'd quite like some cheery sunny pictures to look at (It's black outside and still raining here in 'sunny' Oldham)

Aloha Vermillion, its nice to hear from a been from far off lands and as mentioned some pics would be nice to see. Oh and a create of your Hawaiian honey that would be good. I'v had honey from west Texas. Anyway happy keeping.

Aloha Vermillion, its nice to hear from a been from far off lands and as mentioned some pics would be nice to see. Oh and a create of your Hawaiian honey that would be good. I'v had honey from west Texas. Anyway happy keeping.

:smilielol5: oops ment to say beek sorry :)

Trouble with your worms this morning Outlander?;)

No phone prodictive text/:redface:

some make you work hard for the answers

Hope I've not been too grumpy towards you. You have seemingly progressed very quickly it would appear. Well done. You don't forget so easily when you work some of it out for yourself!

Thanks for being supportive at times - it's a much more pleasant forum since some of the serial whingers have shut up/departed. I do believe both Mandy and Jackie still look in at times, so do try to keep your head down - or you will be reported!

Best regards, RAB

PS. Your decision on the unite or requeen, but I would unite at this time of the year as long as it is warm enough and they are active.

Latest posts

Back