Moved my bees to new site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Well finally moved my bees from the site where they were getting vandalised. Someone throwing large rocks onto the roofs of the hives. They are now on a farm with plenty of forage around them and loads of balsom later in the year. Still needs a bit of work and some fencing but glad to have them some where safe. The owner said have as many as you like. I just have to look after her 2 hives as well. (The pics were taken while the entrances were still blocked)

newsite1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Site looks nice but will the tree foliage screen the sunlight? I've one apiary in a plantation since the trees have grown into the black forest I spend more time trying to manage bees at that site as they are incredibly stroppy as lots of foragers seem to be at home.

Just a thought...

Most of the trees are to the right of the hives the left is all open. The place I moved from had more tree cover than this so hopefully it should be a better location. The biggest factor for me at the moment is that the bees are out of harms way. If I get a little less honey then that will be worth it for the peace of mind. I used to dread what I would find when checking them at the old site. :cheers2:

Spotted it on google earth - you may want to beef up security !

sorry only joking..scary thought though !

Latest posts

Back