Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

VEG 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
Well finally moved my bees from the site where they were getting vandalised. Someone throwing large rocks onto the roofs of the hives. They are now on a farm with plenty of forage around them and loads of balsom later in the year. Still needs a bit of work and some fencing but glad to have them some where safe. The owner said have as many as you like. I just have to look after her 2 hives as well. (The pics were taken while the entrances were still blocked)

Last edited:

OXFORDBEE 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
More than 1, numbers seem to go up and down.
Hi,

Site looks nice but will the tree foliage screen the sunlight? I've one apiary in a plantation since the trees have grown into the black forest I spend more time trying to manage bees at that site as they are incredibly stroppy as lots of foragers seem to be at home.

Just a thought...

VEG 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
Most of the trees are to the right of the hives the left is all open. The place I moved from had more tree cover than this so hopefully it should be a better location. The biggest factor for me at the moment is that the bees are out of harms way. If I get a little less honey then that will be worth it for the peace of mind. I used to dread what I would find when checking them at the old site. :cheers2:

mbc 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Spotted it on google earth - you may want to beef up security !

Latest posts