mouse in the house?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in the slightest.

I am pleased you have a non infested colony.

So what lessons do you take from this episode?

Keep a trap handy? Use poison? Use mouse guards?

PH

my guru told me at the start of the winter to cut a few meter lenghts of plastic down spouts and place them along the ditches with mouse traps in them...i learnt that i should have lsitened to him!...

There are a few sources of pollen around at the moment - gorse, and winter heather I also have winter jasmine out, but not much so my guess is the gorse because the colour of this can vary - mine are bringing in bright yellow pollen occasionally at the moment. I have no idea what could be in flower in Northern Ireland but know it must be a lot colder there than here in East Sussex.
Louise

Just thought you might like to know that I discovered (from my pollen ID book) that pollen from snowdrop is orange! This could be what the bees are collecting.
L

Just thought you might like to know that I discovered (from my pollen ID book) that pollen from snowdrop is orange! This could be what the bees are collecting.
L

my bees are two feilds from the banks of a river and the banks be alive with blue bells and snowdrops.. i havent looked to see if they up through the ground yet but i ye thats what it is Louise....good call!

Latest posts

Back