Expense

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All survived from one of the hives I split at that time into 4 keep up with the comments if you want to shoot me down. Look at the date I joined and the date now do you think I had one hive last year?

Not trying to shoot you down...trying to make sense of anything you you put on here, in one post today you lost four hives due to starvation... and in another post in another thread you say you haven't lost any colonies.

Seems your even trying to make sense of it yourself editing posts umpteen times.

I know you had at least one colony last season, you were on here asking advice about splitting it around eight months ago, same as I know you were only using a manual extractor, spinning out four frames at a time.

Not trying to shoot you down...trying to make sense of anything you you put on here, in one post today you lost four hives due to starvation... and in another post in another thread you say you haven't lost any colonies.

Seems your even trying to make sense of it yourself editing posts umpteen times.

I know you had at least one colony last season, you were on here asking advice about splitting it around eight months ago, same as I know you were only using a manual extractor, spinning out four frames at a time.

The problem with lying is it gets more and more complicated saying anything without contradicting yourself.

Yes I have lost 4 hives no I didn't say I didn't lose any I said I didn't lose any of the 4 I split from the hive your talking about, and said it in a response and yes I still have that little extractor and you can put a motor on it, and no I don't expect to extract 100 hives worth of honey with it. I'm not getting confused if you read all the posts on all the threads you'll see what I mean. I would've made it more clear but I didn't realise I was under investigation

Last edited:
Imagine what would happen if that 50p became 80p

That's why I stopped using fondant at £3.80 each it gets expensive even with a few hives. My first hive cost me over £500 to buy and I even contemplated a flow hive

Last edited:
That's why I stopped using fondant at £3.80 each it gets expensive even with a few hives. My first hive cost me over £500 to buy and I even contemplated a flow hive

What I'm trying to illustrate is that beekeeping is sensitive to the price of inputs to the process. The output price of honey isn't elastic (customers are reluctant to pay more). That's why the operation should be as efficient as possible....hence, my point about quality over quantity.

What I'm trying to illustrate is that beekeeping is sensitive to the price of inputs to the process. The output price of honey isn't elastic (customers are reluctant to pay more). That's why the operation should be as efficient as possible....hence, my point about quality over quantity.

I know and less and less people consume honey in its raw form as well

I well remember being warned about bees that can eat feed/stores for ever and produce nothing. That makes the input output colums look starkly red.

Your biggest asset is your bees, the boxes at the end of the day are our choice. Some better than others. Good bees are priceless. Nothing changes, Manley said the same thing. So does Cramp so does Logan to mention some of the less known experts.

As for "I spent" well if you're a golfer then yes what you spend is pretty much a goner.

Personally "I invest" and I see a return on that investment whether Queens, cells, honey or bees that money comes back with interest. That is the return on my studying of theory and practice over the years. So change your mindset and see it as investment plus of course the sheer enjoyment of it all.

PH

Latest posts

Back