Mouse gaurds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Trever, i would leave that one on all year round :D great picture. Chris

Aha....an automatic mouseguard........very inventive.

I presume the bees remove it themselves when not needed?

Trever, i was just thinking does your mouse guard double up as woodpecker protection as well :hurray: Chris

Is that your hive Trevor?

Looks like a National from here, with a pitched roof.

I would have said the opposite! Cats will always sit where they are warmest, either there is good sunshine or the heat is rising from the colony.

Does get rather toastie underneath though, as anyone who owns a cat who enjoys sleeping on humans will testify to

I was looking for a definition for Spring yesterday and the answer seems to be depending who you consult anywhere between 1st March to end of same.

The colonies should become active over that period and when I am confident they are pretty much working normally and can defend themselves I take them off.

PH

Chatter and not much else

Mine are still on I would imagine if there's a problem with bees getting the pollen loads in I would happen remove and I guess u can make ur entrance very small enough for just one bee, at a guess

I'll get Roger P to sweep the area for ley lies!
No, not a typo :biggrinjester:
VM

Mice find a warm place, such as a hive, to hunker up when it's cold.
I wait until I think all long periods of cold are a thing of the past, the pollen is coming in and the mice are busy scampering in pastures new (my bee shed). Mouse guard removal time differs each year.

Latest posts

Back