More bargaine on Feepay!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared with this at less than twice the price.............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item3f118e9a3d

anyone have one of these.......... are they any good / worth the money ?

Looks like a 3 frame tangental, so unless there is a different basket not referred to I assume you'd have to put two shallows in each basket to make it to the 6 claimed.

Worth comparing with the Agri-Nova (8 frame radial for shallows, 2 tangental for deeps) , £400 odd for a perfectly adequate drill driven version, think the full motor one is around £650.

"assume you'd have to put two shallows in each basket"

Mons Ab - that's the idea - you'll notice 2 "hooks" at the bottom of each cage; one to hold each frame. Your giordan will have 1 "hook" per cage for the brood frame tangential basket insert.

£400 odd for a perfectly adequate drill driven version, think the full motor one is around £650.

unless optimally geared, I have been worried about a drill driven one.

i would also be interested if anyone has successfully used one of these (for more than a season or two!)

unless optimally geared, I have been worried about a drill driven one.

i would also be interested if anyone has successfully used one of these (for more than a season or two!)

I've used one for two and a bit seasons. No problems with the drill - even in a room of 30 degrees and hours of continuous operation. I have an old 650 watt Bosch variable drill attached to mine.

The only problem is if the honey is allowed to rise up so the moving parts drag on the honey. Then the motor struggles and smells hot and slows down. I can't criticise the drill or extractor in this instance, only the operator. Me!

I agree. Giordan works fine for me too. Like Dr S I had to look on the net for hints to remove the chuck. I did lots of research when I bought mine and it was the best deal for my needs. Since then lots of praise on this forum.

looks like a great setup, I want one! which drill did you go for and where is the best place price wise for that extractor? is it radial? how many frames? langstroth, national, lang deep? sorry for the excitement but might actually have a christmas present possibility!

Mark

Has anyone checked on Mais***e's site, they do Lega, I have a nine frame electric radial and am very pleased with it, could do with another now.

looks like a great setup, I want one! which drill did you go for and where is the best place price wise for that extractor? is it radial? how many frames? langstroth, national, lang deep? sorry for the excitement but might actually have a christmas present possibility!

Mark

Mark - if you are referring to the Giordan then

which drill did you go for A decent one is supplied with it and where is the best place price wise for that extractor? As far as I know only sold by Agri-nova over here. Contact is Clive on 01799 543901 or [email protected] is it radial? Yes how many frames? 8 shallows or 2 deeps (tangental) langstroth, national, lang deep? Various basket sizes available for the deeps, Clive will sort you out

Latest posts

Back