Any mugs out there

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of the main hive types promoted by the other side lol

Not really ... the sun hive is a bit of a niche even within low interference bee keeping .. most beekeepers on the 'other side' utilise TBH, Warre or a variety of conventional boxes with either conventional frames and foundation or foundationless ... But it's really not about the container that you offer the bees to live in .. it's what you do in relation to the bees that defines the beekeeper. Let's face it ... nobody can force a colony to stay somewhere that they don't want to stay ... so, if they stay in a sun hive somehow it must meet their approval.

I know a couple of beekeepers (very conventional ones) who got rid of their Beehaus hives because their bees kept absconding ... are long plastic boxes for bees any less fringe than a sun hive ?

It probably went something like this............"what can I make in basket work classes this year, I know I'll make a beehive, what do you think Sonny boy" "That's a good idea" said Sonny, "you could even name it after me"

Anyone care to finish it off ?

"That would look gurt lush on my authentic repro sulphur pit."

Blimey
Leave the guy be
Its a one-off for goodness sake
Without creative ideas where would we be now?
and I bet he went to the place where he had to pay for the priviledge of being taught how to make it.

Heidi Hi keepers!!!!!:sunning:

I think its great that some beekeepers use alternative methods, this type is for people who want bees mainly as pollinaters & not concerned with taking honey. As long as bees can be checked for disease, looked after & treated if need be i dont see a problem with different types of hive. People wanting honey will always stick with the few standard types we all use. The only problem i see is if these are bought as a novelty with bees for someone who doesnt learn about bees & know how to manage them, but that goes for any hive i guess.

I think its great that some beekeepers use alternative methods, this type is for people who want bees mainly as pollinaters & not concerned with taking honey. As long as bees can be checked for disease, looked after & treated if need be i dont see a problem with different types of hive. People wanting honey will always stick with the few standard types we all use. The only problem i see is if these are bought as a novelty with bees for someone who doesnt learn about bees & know how to manage them, but that goes for any hive i guess.

but the woman who promotes these hives doesnt believe in swarm control, taking honey, medication, and tells people that if bees need feeding that they can use honey from another beehive or apiary. Supposed to be a charity for promoting and investigating honeybee health.........No results yet.
Is regularly late in submitting accounts and apparently spends nearly all the money they receive..........on..... raising funds..!!!!!

but the woman who promotes these hives doesnt believe in swarm control, taking honey, medication, and tells people that if bees need feeding that they can use honey from another beehive or apiary. Supposed to be a charity for promoting and investigating honeybee health.........No results yet.
Is regularly late in submitting accounts and apparently spends nearly all the money they receive..........on..... raising funds..!!!!!

Their latest published accounts don't show much evidence of money spent on independent and verifiable research - see http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends09\0001140009_AC_20130930_E_C.pdf Don't confuse me with facts, I've made up my mind what's best for bees!

Not sold. Relisted, so still looking for a mug!

Chance yet for humanity to demonstrate a dislike of over-priced objects on the market. At least it is 'first hand' in that sense, but about fifty quid ought to show a reasonable profit for a couple of smallish skeps, a fiver for the entry cane work and say a tenner for the inner woodwork makes it about 100% overpriced, at least - possibly nearer a 200% mark up.

Anyone else or a sensible selling price? Am I close? Or am I way out?

Is this the mug you're looking for, jenkinsbrynmair ?

Latest posts

Back