varroa mesh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, a regular customer of Simon. Pleased with everything I've bought and delivery is excellent.

Very good service. I've only ever had one quibble when a honey valve came without o ring. A replacement valve despatched immediately I reported the problem.
Can't fault the customer first approach. :)

Just had some through from the mesh company - was supposed to get the epoxy coated stuff but had stainless woven arrive instead.

I was wondering if you use the fine woven mesh too? do the bees seem ok with it? The punched out style mesh floors have much wider gauge material and possibly easier to walk over compared to finer mesh?

At least the bees wont fit through this mesh, nor larger pollen loads!

Yes - I use the stainless woven mesh .. works a treat. The bees keep it very clean so they don't have a problem with it either.

I used to use the epoxy coated mesh from the mesh company, ordered another load a wee while ago and the contacted me to say they were out but would the galvanised stuff do instead (probably what you've got - it is rather shiny for galv) - they were offering a couple extra free so (having a bit of Cardigan blood in me) I jumped at the offer. Miles better thn the epoxy stuff which goes out of square and sags pretty easily and you can still cut it with tin snips (less of a fiddle actually) and at the same price as epoxy - I'm a convert :D

I used to use the epoxy coated mesh from the mesh company, ordered another load a wee while ago and the contacted me to say they were out but would the galvanised stuff do instead (probably what you've got - it is rather shiny for galv) - they were offering a couple extra free so (having a bit of Cardigan blood in me) I jumped at the offer. Miles better thn the epoxy stuff which goes out of square and sags pretty easily and you can still cut it with tin snips (less of a fiddle actually) and at the same price as epoxy - I'm a convert :D

Funny you should say that - epoxy stuff out of stock and I got sent an extra sheet of the galv thrown in too!

spotted this on E bay and wondered if it is too big & bees could get through at 4mm?
When I read it I thought you meant the staff I bought :) : http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Fiberglass-M...eName=VIP:watchlink:top:en&fromMakeTrack=true
60 euro for 50 square meters 4x4mm, but holes are slightly less due to thickness of fiberglass itself. I tried it before making floors: took a jar with a handful of bees and covered it with this material (brining at home). In an hour of this hi-teck challenge no one bee escaped or stuck in the material… :)
I`m not sure whether is it robust enough for your purposes but it certainly satisfies my needs as a mesh floor material(it`s allready in operation ;) ). As if I will use some sort of varrox for oxalic treatment, the acid won’t settle on this material as it does a bit with a still mesh floor. Besides:” Why pay more” :) I can make 200 floors out of the roll, it`s about 30 cent for mesh for a floor ;) Enjoy

Last edited:
Is a glass suitable for safe honey production?
Off course not!
As If
you crash it and grind it and add it to honey
and eat it, and drink it as beer by mechanic…
…you end up like hero of Maupassant novell
Wich means you end up… not [FONT=&quot]particularly [/FONT] well
:)

I can`t dictate you a perception, but if you still “do not know”, it does not mean that me either ;)

Latest posts

Back