More 4 @ 10pm - The last of the Honey Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sort of under the impression that most of the income for the migratory commercial keepers in the states is actually from pollination services, not hive products - that must really change the management style. It also means that the bees are spending a lot of time on monocultural forrage - it cannot be a balanced diet...

It also means that the bees are spending a lot of time on monocultural forrage - it cannot be a balanced diet...

...like living on sweets or carrots the whole time. Not good, not good...:(

Just watched it. As was stated earlier in this thread . All the hives that collapse are hives that are moved thousands of miles at a time. Yes these people are trying to make a living but at the end of the day they cant do it without the bees. Whether they realise it or not they are helping to kill the bees.
It seems from the way the film was shown, that the bees tend to dissapear just after they have been transported. Does this not make them take notice, and as far as just tipping in packages into hives that havnt been cleaned out well dont get me started.
At the end of the film it says if it goes on likethis there will be no bees left there by 2034.

Also as the almond orchards have grown the bees decline has speeded up.

Last edited:
Also as the almond orchards have grown the bees decline has speeded up.

Thats the answer then.
Bees dont like almonds !

'We're off to the Almond Orchards'
The Queen Bee told her Brood.
'Oh no', was their united cry
'That really isnt good'.

'Let's pack our bags and flee away
and find a nice warm tree.
Cause polinating almonds
Aint the life for me'.

And so they left their nice warm Hive
and flew off into the clouds
to find a better place to live
where no Almonds could be found.

bee-smillie

and the limerick version ..

Some bees were forced to travel to Ongonquit
To pollinate almonds crops for humans to eat
When they got there
They absconded from their lair
and the whole shooting match turned to s.....

Latest posts

Back