Supernatural hive.🤣🤣

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Difficult to get a good look in the cells from the images but glad it lasted oks ok now

Hi all, crisis diverted found larvae today with queen running around back in super again, quick question should I put super beneath brood box as there’s loads more room in brood box or just leave her to it. I’ve attached images as I went to brood box first for photos.
Ps thanks for all the replies greatly needed for noobees like me. 👍👍
Are these bees Carniolan? So clear strand in abdomen.

Plastic one
Thought you'd say that. :)

The wood-framed wire QX made by Lega in Italy is the best; Caddon have it at a good price (check why it is discounted) and C Wynne Jones next best. Avoid the Thorne wood-framed, which is stapled and has a thinner frame.

The plastic QX is a cheap nuisance: it lies flat on top bars and bees propolise the two together; because of this erratic contact and the absence of beespace, you will crush bees when replacing it. The wood-framed QX has beespace one one face which avoids these issues, and is the best tool for effective work.

Yesterday I found a colony with a BB stacked with nectar and no brood; predictably, she was upstairs in the feeder. I'd run out of wood QXs and used a green plastic (contract apiary, kit bought by a previous beekeeper) and she must have got through somehow. Either that, or she'd returned from mating into a top entrance bees had chewed in the Swienty super.

The Swienty poly hive is another false economy tool, but that is another story.

IMG_20240704_125855258.jpg

it says some minor oxidisation on metal ..i dont need any thought it was a good buy ..

Back