Mice in the rain

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know mice seek shelter from the cold in our beehives but what about the rain?

They sleep under our floorboards...or in my greenhouse.. or compost heaps..

I put a sectional shed on the lawn whilst moving house ! It was only there 3 days , when I moved it , the lawn had no less than three mouse holes in it . It don't take the little Bu****s long :D
I always have a gap under my sheds deep enough for cats to walk under waving their tails LOL
VM

Well, after having some work done in our kitchen, I found the little buggers had got into the new fridge no less! They'd chewed a piece of the drain hole out and were tucking in to the brie (which I then used as bait). Got two of them, guess they were camped out near the fridge motor as it was nice and warm, then popped 'upstairs' any time they needed a snack.

I believe I've heard that, even in Wales, during what they call "Summer" there, most beekeepers do dare to take off their mouse excluders ...

Whilst on my weekly discount day visit to B&Queue I noticed some strips of stuff that would make perfect mouse excluder at less than £4 for 2 metres or so. Plastic. Something to do with building/plastering/mucky hands work. Then I stormed off in a huff 'cause they'd run out of 18 mm ply.

Err - next Tuesdy any good for you?

It's a long drive for you. But how generous.

D

Next Tuesdy [sic] is fine by me. :driving:

For 'moving mouse' services I charge £35 per hour and 50 pence per mile - how many would you like? I have some rats in the compost heap too if you might be interested. :biggrinjester:

Nick

Latest posts

Back