Metal sheet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Ladies and Gents

Does anyone know where I can get a metal sheet for closing off my varroa floors when treating them with a vaporizor please?

Flea bay and the tinternet cost more in carriage than the cost of the sheet :sos:

I got mine via internet so sorry for not helping your problem......... but while you're buying you'll need three.

Scrap caravans: aluminium sheet..
Old road signs.
Biscuit tins

Edit
car exhaust heat shields (aluminium) fall off onto roadside..shiny so easily found..I have two in my workshop

Or cut open 44 cl beer cans and join two together..

Last edited:
B&Q....in the really big stores....they do all types of decorative sheets.....as well as plain...not cheap though.

Council tips in my area won't help. So that rules out most of what you suggest Mad and I'm not going "acquiring" old road signs

Never seen heatshields and I dont drink.....

Ladies and Gents

Does anyone know where I can get a metal sheet for closing off my varroa floors when treating them with a vaporizor please?

Flea bay and the tinternet cost more in carriage than the cost of the sheet :sos:

Ask for a 'closure plate for gas fires at your local trade gas or plumbing centre. Will do the job and cheap as chips to buy. :)

We go to our local supermarket and pick up the waste very stiff cardboard sheets that they put between layers of coke and lemonade bottles. Many uses and above all, free!!
I nearly bought some once, they wanted 2 euros each! No thanks

Make it from ply and cover with aluminium foil from the kitchen

I use mite drop board with tin foil wrapped round it.

i just use thin ply,or better still hardboard as you can cut it on site to fit non standard floors, all you get is just a little burn mark were the varrox sits under the OMF,

Ladies and Gents

Hi Hachi,
I have loads tin, PM me, I am in North Wilts.

Oscsbees.

Most half decent motor factors sell sheets of thin steel for body work repairs. You'd get several out of a single sheet.

Thanks everyone I knew you'd come up trumps.

Latest posts

Back