Mentor Wanted Twickenham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannky

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I did classes 3 years ago and go to my local club where I helped look after colonies for 2 years. I have kept my own bees for 2 years. I am finding it hard when I come to manage things for the first time on my own. I read the books and watch the forums. When I get down to the Apiary I seem to take ages to do anything and always spend far longer than I anticipated. I am beginning to wonder if I am cut out for this. I asked my local tutor if there was someone locally who could mentor but so far no one has come forward so I am spreading the net a bit further.

As your local club is Twickenham and you have attended for two years then you would have had great training. Perhaps you are lacking in confidence, nothing wrong in taking your time but one eye on the time the hive is open is not a bad thing also.

i would offer but im too far away, however if you want to spend a day going though my hives and get some experiance you are welcome.
TB

Back