meat rabbits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You CANNOT eat bambi...
:sunning:

That's where we differ!, they are just bigger than rabbits, they can jump eight foot hedges, they eat anything and everything, they have power to push fences and netting over. They leap in front of vehicles and kill people, they roam totally free in town and country, they have no natural predators, they NEED to be culled and if you are culling an animal then at least have the dignity to use it for some purpose such as food! I have been know to have three bambis hanging in my garage and provided free bar b que meat for many a village event! Venison sausages, venison burgers, and the best bit, the fillet which is so beautiful you can almost eat it raw.
At least bambi has lived freely until its death.
You obviously don't have bambi in your garden .......yet!
:hairpull:
E

When people tell me they cannot eat Bambi I always agree with them, acknowledging the fact that he is an animated Disney character. Real venison is so much nicer..... ;)

When people tell me they cannot eat Bambi I always agree with them, acknowledging the fact that he is an animated Disney character. Real venison is so much nicer..... ;)
:icon_204-2:
You CANNOT eat bambi...
:nono:
Oh YES YOU CAN !......... yourself, just illegal to sell roadkill /poached|????

I was advised by a Ministry Meat Inspector to cook it well to kill any ? tapeworm cysts
:spy:

I was trolling :hairpull:

We were choosing venison in Morrisons and a lady came up with her husband and looked at us in evident disgust. Her husband explained he would love to eat venison but his wife "refused to eat bambi"..(his actual words).

Say no more...

Predates Disney, a book by Felix Salten. Thumper on the other hand is an entirely Disney addition.

Ziggy
Interesting thoughts about animals feelings.
Why do you keep your bees in a Warre?
Is it because the insects are kept in a "more natural and sustainable fashion"
Or because you like to lift heavy boxes?

Edited
Oooops. I see you have no bees yet.

Hiya

Coz I didn't have the room to store all the kit you need with the other beekeeping systems and I liked the simplicity of the keeping methods I chose the Warre - now I have it and have been on a course I wonder how I'm going to manage the lifting too.:rolleyes:

Ziggy

Hiya

Coz I didn't have the room to store all the kit you need with the other beekeeping systems and I liked the simplicity of the keeping methods I chose the Warre - now I have it and have been on a course I wonder how I'm going to manage the lifting too.:rolleyes:

Ziggy

I recommend 3 years of powerlifting and hatha yoga.

I'd agree be very stringent about keeping wild uns out, we lost over 40 meat rabbits two years ago when they got myxy, it only takes one to get in.
It ended our little jaunt , cos after having to dispatch so many including young, I no longer had the heart for it.

i have looked at wild ones, two issues there like the rifle shooting it is not possible in brum or the surounding areas and even if i did, the risk of mixy is to high to consider them, also not as much meat ratio as wanted.

I'd have thought the damage they could do to the allotment (digging, breeding, digging) would make wild ones unwelcome, Pete.

i would love to have rabbits at the allotment but due to lack of or poor security i wont do it, as i am sure some plonker will let the loose.

these bunnies are off to a friends place he is setting up a market garden based small holding, no sheep cows or pigs. he is mainly concentrating on value added to his crops and small animals, rabbits was one ,, he was also looking at a couple of toggenburgs as well

Back