Man in Bee Suit - Lets approach!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idg

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Why do people insist on approaching you whilst you have your bee suit on. My bees temper is not the best, so when I open up they can get a bit tetchy. For this reason I try and inspect when there is no one around. The bees are on family land accessible by multiple families. Not general public.
However, if anyone sees me tending the bees, fully suited, they feel the need to walk over and chat!
Have I got the bee suit on for fun?

:rofl:
crazy fools!
when I had hives at home my wife used to insist on doing the same thing, strangely though they never bothered her?
other than giving them a cautionary warning what can you do?

I know someone who keeps there bees in a big garden open to the public and he's had people open the lids. Common sense isn't that common.

I know someone who keeps there bees in a big garden open to the public and he's had people open the lids. Common sense isn't that common.

I wish I could show you the CCTV clip of some guy opening one of my hives in the early hours of the morning while looking for stuff to steal, its hilarious :laughing-smiley-004

he made a sharp exit while waving his bag around in the air ( yeah, that'll help!)

My farmer landlord saw at my hives all suited and booted whilst out with his dog.... made a bee-line (get it) for me until I shouted to him to carry on, on his way. He put his hand up and shouted Oh yes of course......

Made me smile

I wish I could show you the CCTV clip of some guy opening one of my hives in the early hours of the morning while looking for stuff to steal, its hilarious :laughing-smiley-004

he made a sharp exit while waving his bag around in the air ( yeah, that'll help!)

I hope the bee's were particularly ticked off and gave a good account of themselves and he took over 40 stings for his thieving ways the scum bag

Back