Malvern Spring Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure but I've got ticketsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Hi Wibble. Were you there. I had a chat to somebody and bought a jar of honey. Listened to someone else telling a member of the public how to mark queens and what to do with spare ones. Nice little observation hive of darkish bees.

Glorious weather not as many nursery stalls as there once was. Enjoyed seeing the bees in the observation case, as you say dark bees

Did you buy some honey?
Our camp site is surrounded by hawthorn dripping in blossom to the extent that it’s heady perfume in the afternoon is almost unpleasant. Masses of horse chestnut and sycamore in full bloom. Not a bee in sight. All on the OSR some distance away.

Malvern & Upton BKA supplying & manning the stand this year. Rotates across all 7 BKAs affiliated to WBKA each year. Our Turn this year.

How many WBKA's are there in the country?

Warwickshire
Wiltshire
Wiltshire

Did you buy some honey?
Our camp site is surrounded by hawthorn dripping in blossom to the extent that it’s heady perfume in the afternoon is almost unpleasant. Masses of horse chestnut and sycamore in full bloom. Not a bee in sight. All on the OSR some distance away.
Yes I did. Beautiful area. Still waiting for our sycamore flowers to open

Yes I did. Beautiful area. Still waiting for our sycamore flowers to open

I'm genuinely astonished. Barry really is only a handful of miles north of here and (I assume -- it's a very long time since I last went to Barry) pretty much at sea level whereas we're 125m above sea level, and our sycamore is almost over.

James

I'm genuinely astonished. Barry really is only a handful of miles north of here and (I assume -- it's a very long time since I last went to Barry) pretty much at sea level whereas we're 125m above sea level, and our sycamore is almost over.

James
I know it's really strange the trees across the road still aren't in bloom either. We have a lot of lime trees opposite as well hoping the bees will find them when they come into bloom

Glorious weather not as many nursery stalls as there once was. Enjoyed seeing the bees in the observation case, as you say dark bees
we went friday. traffic que horrific 1.5 hrs from m5 to showground.
whilst in que passed some hives and minutes later were surrounded by a large swarm from them.
shame i didnt have my kit !

Got home today to find bees living in the potting shed bait hive. Stan popped up to put some frames in and reported it was full of bees!
This location never fails.

Got home today to find bees living in the potting shed bait hive. Stan popped up to put some frames in and reported it was full of bees!
This location never fails.
How many hives does that make?

Hi Wibble. Were you there. I had a chat to somebody and bought a jar of honey. Listened to someone else telling a member of the public how to mark queens and what to do with spare ones. Nice little observation hive of darkish bees.
Hi Fraid not, had to attend to my own bunch of swarming reprobates all W/E. WBKA = Worcestershire BKA, Dix points to the whoever guessed it right!

Back