Maisy mores delivery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Sat and got today. 100 frames (seconds) all as expected. a few knots but all perfectly usable.

I ordered on Monday so hopefully will be here in a few days. Did get some supers though so if they have to make these up then might be waiting a while. Hope the quality is not to bad.

Got my delivery today (ordered Sat) including whitewood supers

They still got cedar supers but whitewood not listed anymore

bloody non scrolling window!!!!

I did just order some deep roofs....which I'm 99% sure weren't there earlier in the week...because when I phoned to ask if they had cedar supers (the first time you said there weren't Richard...lol) I asked if they were going to be running deep roofs next season (as they hadn't this). All very odd. And I do like to get feeders/insulation in without faffing with ekes/supers.

No - deep roofs were always there. The cedar supers have moved from next to the brood boxes.

BTW anyone going to stockbridge tomorrow needs to be very careful if they are after roofs. At windsor 2 pallets had roofs where the chipboard square was in fact made up of several loose offcuts. However there was a pallet with solid sheets. check what you are picking up.

JBM - i'd watch out though - in my experience MM deliveries have that all pervasive pungent smell of cedar - even sticks to plasticware. The OH might pick up traces when you get home!!!!
:)I live near MM, and sometimes go round there to pick up new frames etc. For those who haven't been there: they have a large warehouse stacked high with cedar boxes, and a big workshop area with constant woodworking going on - the smell of cedar greets you as you drive up the lane! After queuing in the shop for a while I find that I still smell faintly of cedar when I get home!

;)So you're not going to be able to hide those guilty purchases I'm afraid!

Incidentally, I tend to use cedar brood boxes and whitewood supers, and, whilst their cedar boxes are good but not exceptional, I've found their flatpack deal boxes to be better than any others I've tried. They seem to go to some trouble to make sure the deal is good and the boxes precisely cut. I've noticed some companies just don't go to much trouble over whitewood boxes, apparently treating them more like seconds, presumably because they're such a cheaper wood. Not so (so far anyway) with MM.

I got a call today today informing me that my order will arrive tomorrow. So that was a one month wait!

mine arrived Wednesday...ordered at 9.01 on the first day by phone, a bit peeved at the delay . Good kit but had to wash three deep roofs and a couple of floor as the outside of them was really heavily covered in mud splatter...must have stacked in the yard for some time as it has stained the cedar ,the bees wont mind though

Last edited:
They have 14x12 brood frames in the sale.

They arnt listed on their website but I gve them a ring on the offchance and they had some (£40 for 50)

James

They have been there since the start under clearance items, 50 hoffman frames seconds.

mine arrived Wednesday...ordered at 9.01 on the first day by phone, a bit peeved at the delay . Good kit but had to wash three deep roofs and a couple of floor as the outside of them was really heavily covered in mud splatter...must have stacked in the yard for some time as it has stained the cedar ,the bees wont mind though

I got my deep roofs and floors Tuesday, shiny and clean, and a heap of frame seconds. Shame partner decided to hoik them in their boxes through a narrow door on his own ricking his back in the process. Men! Honestly....

Received my order, correct and as expected.
Delivered by a gentleman from Maisemore's, Thank you.

The items ordered were for next year so absolutely no issue with waiting a short time for them.

No complaints from me!

:nature-smiley-016:

As I neede some of my stuff urgently I rang them when I ordered. Turned out there was a wait for supers, so I paid a delivery charge to have a split delivery. Got everyhting else within a few days, then the supers last week.

Back