Maisy mores delivery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyhook

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I've ordered a load of stuff from MM that I had been going to get from Stockbridge next week. I'm now wondering if that was sensible, as I want some of it sooner rather than later. Does anyone know what their delivery times are like?

within a few days on the last order - the next one, you'll have to ask my mother because we're bypassing mrs J :D

What're you like jbm! Says she who ordered a cautious few (erm, 8) extra comm bbs on Saturday. Been too busy a w/e for fessing up. And they were almost half price. And...well, still to buy more floors, deep roofs, crown boards, frames....:eek::eek:....did I mention serious numbers of supers? More:eek:...

My delivery's just here....from a lunchtime Saturday order.

Mind, haven't opened it to see how seconds they are :eek:

It seems to depend what you've ordered. Mine would be sent out this week, except I've included some supers and they've run out, so 2 or 3 weeks for those. As I want some of the stuff sooner, I'm getting them to send it as a split delivery.

JBM - i'd watch out though - in my experience MM deliveries have that all pervasive pungent smell of cedar - even sticks to plasticware. The OH might pick up traces when you get home!!!!

Mine turned up this morming very promptly, frame feeders, with loads of added smoker fuel :)

interesting that Th*rnes always have supers left over yet MM ran out.

Note they are still listing them on the site with no mention of lead time.

not yet received my order placed on sunday.

luckily nothing urgently needed in it so if it has to wait for supers so be it but would be nice to know either way.

interesting that Th*rnes always have supers left over yet MM ran out.

Note they are still listing them on the site with no mention of lead time.

not yet received my order placed on sunday.

luckily nothing urgently needed in it so if it has to wait for supers so be it but would be nice to know either way.

My order came today and it was placed on Sunday....:)

JBM - i'd watch out though - in my experience MM deliveries have that all pervasive pungent smell of cedar - even sticks to plasticware. The OH might pick up traces when you get home!!!!
They haven't arrived yet but will stay in the shed in my mam's till I get back from the next patrol in a fortnight's time (back to work tomorrow unfortunately) and she never goes near my shed as she thinks there may be rats in the vicinity - whoever told her that I don't know :Angel_anim::D

Better not have run out of supers already, ive got 10 on my order placed on on 1st Oct.

How can they run out of stuff on the first day ??

anyone got any frame seconds yet they want to comment on?, thinking about a second order as I need loads.....the frame feeders look great, well made and a bargain price. Pity the jumbo feeder is not in the sale. will look at them in the future...

anyone got any frame seconds yet they want to comment on?, thinking about a second order as I need loads.....the frame feeders look great, well made and a bargain price. Pity the jumbo feeder is not in the sale. will look at them in the future...

Not from MM, bought TH. in on-line sale last year- can't tell them from firsts. I think I had 1 with a nuisance knot.

"Not from MM, bought TH. in on-line sale last year- can't tell them from firsts. I think I had 1 with a nuisance knot"

I think the consensus last year was that MM 2nds frames did have a lot of faults.

remember - TH specifically make 2nds using lesser quality timber etc etc. Not sure about MM but they may just be selling off items that fail QC.

£10 - warped rough seconds.

JBM bought some in august.

i ended up going with the full price ones last month with aim of going for seconds for any expansion next year.

Last edited:
Back