Lovely night Moving Bees....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HM Honey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Well, that's been fun. Just moved two of my hives to my new apiary. It's chucking it down, dark and muddy.....I'm wet through, cold and filthy....

It's ok me moaning though....at least they're my hives..

Spare a thought for my brother who helped me... He is also wet through, cold and filthy.....oh yeah, and he's scared shitless of bees....:icon_204-2:

fortunately though, he loves honey, so hopefully I will be able to reward him suitably this season...

I doubt it hiveabee.... when he helped me move my other two hives, he pointed his torch at then front of the hives and some bees came to the entrance to see what was going on and he ran off like a girl.....lol

I sympathise HMH
For the move down here to Wales husband and I moved 4 14 x 12s in the pouring rain negotiating a steep hillside into my car and his van the night before we drove down. Never again!!
If I move again I will sell the bees and start again.

I sympathise HMH
For the move down here to Wales husband and I moved 4 14 x 12s in the pouring rain negotiating a steep hillside into my car and his van the night before we drove down. Never again!!
If I move again I will sell the bees and start again.

Sounds horrible!!

my wife helped me move 2 hives and she is allergic to stings haha .
we have to move them again in the next week or so.
we got some funny looks with her in the car with a bee suit on

We moved three Langstroth Jumbos yesterday to a new apiary in the pouring rain. Perfect weather for it as the bees had the sense to stay sealed inside and let us get the soaking...

Even when we opened the entrances after the move the bees stayed put so we will probably lose very few straying workers over the next few days and the new site is perfect - enclosed on all sides by beech hedges and invisible from the road.

Latest posts

Back