Looking for a reliable gas burner

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courty

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,
I am looking for a gas burner torch head that will fit on the canister shown in the picture. I have gone through two standard plastic ones, as shown, which break or leak gas after a few weeks use. Does anyone know of a reliable head that will last and be safe? The ones I bought were online.
I know there are other opportunities but I have a load of the canisters as I use them for camping and the torch will also be used for cleaning brood boxes. I mainly use it for lighting my smoker.
thanks
courty
F9F9D27E-E9CE-4919-80B7-B6D0399D5D01.jpegDB610B7B-DD91-49C0-B1F9-0B17ECDA925A.jpegF9F9D27E-E9CE-4919-80B7-B6D0399D5D01.jpegDB610B7B-DD91-49C0-B1F9-0B17ECDA925A.jpeg

Get a proper gas bottle and torch. Almost certainly cheaper ... in the long run. Retain, and enjoy, your expensive cannisters for your camping activities is my advice.

It will not fit your canisters but the rothenberger supreme is by far the best torch I have ever tried, and I've used all sorts.

the only canister mounted torch with an inbuilt igniter i have ever found to be any good is a rothenberger i have the superfire 2 yes its expensive compared to other canister mounted torches but it works, yes the canisters are expensive compared to others but there is more in them and they are safer / moe robust

the only canister mounted torch with an inbuilt igniter i have ever found to be any good is a rothenberger i have the superfire 2 yes its expensive compared to other canister mounted torches but it works, yes the canisters are expensive compared to others but there is more in them and they are safer / moe robust
Yes .. outstanding bit of kit ... had one for years totally reliable and worth every penny ....

Thanks for the replies. It appears that all the attachments for my canisters are plastic at the fitting, even the one hemo recommends. I may be better off getting one of those smaller ones for browning Creme brûlée that refill with lighter gas for my smoker, cheap and small, and get something more durable for torching wooden parts.
Santa brought me a real Dadant smoker, can’t wait to try it.
Courty

This:
blowtorch.jpg

Costs very little on fleabay (it's a silverline) buy the hose and regulator separately, the biggest investment is the gas cylinder, scorches the box in seconds, makes short work of cleaning out your smoker, a couple of passes over your wire queen excluder clears the wax without excessive heating up of the wire.

This:
View attachment 24022

Costs very little on fleabay (it's a silverline) buy the hose and regulator separately, the biggest investment is the gas cylinder, scorches the box in seconds, makes short work of cleaning out your smoker, a couple of passes over your wire queen excluder clears the wax without excessive heating up of the wire.
Is it a roofing blowtorch Emyr? I am in a descent bigger one atm.

Back