Local adaption

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chemical communication in the honeybee society by Bortolloti & Costa. 2014.
Thanks elainemary.

I don't think the source is "useless information" jenkinsbrynmair. In case it has escaped your attention we live in the age of "alternative facts" ;-)

How
Or maybe not - depends on how you feel and how much useless information an individual's mind can hold
[/QUOT
Thanks for that I'll be looking the above up, I'm sure I've read something in one of my books, any preference to DCA sites? have you observed?
one of the best books about current knowledge on dca’s and mating biology including queen pheromones is this one, if you haven’t got it - available from Northern bee books.

Attachments

• 474E5B77-5933-4487-933F-12865DAF8A02.jpeg
    474E5B77-5933-4487-933F-12865DAF8A02.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 23
How

one of the best books about current knowledge on dca’s and mating biology including queen pheromones is this one, if you haven’t got it - available from Northern bee books.
I've got Larry Connor's "bee sex essentials " and whilst pretty good it doesn't even consider the subject of variations in behaviour of different subspecies, therefore much of the definitive pronouncements are irrelevant to what I and others observe with Amm.
More work needs to be done to fill in the gaps, but then I suppose it's endless, maybe the bees in the next valley along have a variation worthy of a book of their own.

I've got Larry Connor's "bee sex essentials " and whilst pretty good it doesn't even consider the subject of variations in behaviour of different subspecies, therefore much of the definitive pronouncements are irrelevant to what I and others observe with Amm.
More work needs to be done to fill in the gaps, but then I suppose it's endless, maybe the bees in the next valley along have a variation worthy of a book of their own.
Thanks. Understand that aside from humans the honeybee is the most researched organism on the planet. Like you say so much still to learn!

How

I have this.
There is an excellent talk by the author about DCAs on the National Honey Show YouTube channel

Thanks elainemary.
I don't think the source is "useless information" jenkinsbrynmair. In case it has escaped your attention we live in the age of "alternative facts" ;-)

Alternative facts” are not facts, they are lies or at best modified truths.

How

I'll look into getting it, you can never have enough biology books when bees are concerned.

Depends on the context. New research can uncover truths which were considered 'alternative' until they became mainstream.
:laughing-smiley-014I see you have already converted to the 'american way' - Kellyanne Conway notably first used the phrase in January 2017. Alternative facts do exist - in politics we see them every day.

Latest posts

Back