live stock or part of the family

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jallen

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all was wondering how others view there coloines
mine are like my children

To me they are simply a colony of bees. Nothing at all like my children (either of them).

RAB

hi all was wondering how others view there coloines
mine are like my children

I wouldn't go that far, but I know what you mean... the sense of vicarious pride when they go well, the anxiety when they face a challenge... the main difference is that they tidy their room without being told!

Livestock, no different to the sheep or the chicken.

On second thoughts, we eat the sheep but not the bees or chicken (eggs only)!

I remember when the kids were little they would come running to me when I came in from work, those days have gone now, I go to the bees at the bottom of my garden on a sunny day now,

No, not my children. I inherited my love of bees from my Grandfather and I rather suspect I'm doing it please him, (long gone as he is).
I think my view of the bees is that they are very important and rather cherished guests.

When it is all all going to rats in the house a bit of peace in the garden watching the bees is very welcome.

They are definitely just two colonies of bees though.

Each colony as a whole is a bit like a pet, I must admit; I wouldn't say that about the individuals though.
:)reddevil:although HM does remind me of one or two of my relatives....)

I don't get cushy cushy with my nasty ones. Inspections are as quick as possible and with lots of smoke.

Ben P

Back