Lidl Jam maker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spewing, went down lidl today, no sign of one

Not on display when I found mine instead small notice in amongst the usual confusion advertising mulled wine heater please ask staff

As it was same price as jam maker highlighted on here I asked and they brought out large box with words Jam and chutney maker which I grabbed

Lots of other household items by same maker

Anyone tried the Mincer?

D

Not on display when I found mine instead small notice in amongst the usual confusion advertising mulled wine heater please ask staff

As it was same price as jam maker highlighted on here I asked and they brought out large box with words Jam and chutney maker which I grabbed

Lots of other household items by same maker

Anyone tried the Mincer?

D

No but I have the Vacumn Sealing machine .... fantastic bit of kit ... food lasts much longer in the freezer when it is vacumn packed takes up less space as well ... Still on sale in some stores ...

Last edited:
No but I have the Vacumn Sealing machine .... fantastic bit of kit ... food lasts much longer in the freezer when it is vacumn packed takes up less space as well ... Still on sale in some stores ...

Now you're talking. I use mine a lot. Food doesn't get freezer burn and you can squash more stuff in the freezer

I am really jealous, we don't have a Lidl store that isn't at least a two hour round trip and in a different county. I wish they would join the 21st century and sell online.:(
Nearest item I can get is more than twice the price.

Similar here Amanda. At least, if it weren't for lockdown I would go and look, but...
SilverCrest do seem reliable. I've got a little plug-in radiator which is great - much better than a similar one from another company, which I returned.

(What I'm wondering at the moment, though, is if anyone has connected up an exercise bike to an extractor? That could be good!)

Similar here Amanda. At least, if it weren't for lockdown I would go and look, but...
SilverCrest do seem reliable. I've got a little plug-in radiator which is great - much better than a similar one from another company, which I returned.

(What I'm wondering at the moment, though, is if anyone has connected up an exercise bike to an extractor? That could be good!)
I like your thought process, legs have got to make easier work of it than arms.

That thought had crossed my mind when I had to use the hand spinner for lots of supers. When I used to go to the gym in preparation for a serious walk up a mountain I often thought there was a significant loss of energy that could be harnessed from all these spinning wheels

That would useful the next time I send some piggies for the chop

They seemed to have scattered the household goods to the far corners of the store last weekend

Not having a pop but it's probably because they are non essential items. I'm surprised they are still selling them with current restrictions.

Not having a pop but it's probably because they are non essential items. I'm surprised they are still selling them with current restrictions.
they are sort of allowed as it's part of the bigger food shop, Unlike Tresco's which has aisles and aisles of non essential goods, also, in the last lockdown Lidl and Aldi suspended their 'middle aisle' weekly specials etc and just left whatever was left to be sold.

That would useful the next time I send some piggies for the chop

They seemed to have scattered the household goods to the far corners of the store last weekend

Yes I think they were changing their layouts from Christmas in the middle to Lidl in the middle.

I can highly recommend the vacumn sealer .. I've had mine 3 + years and it's had a lot of work - never missed a beat. They also sell the rolls of sealing bags which are cheaper than anywhere else - they come up fairly regularly and I always buy some - they do two sizes so you can choose the size of bags you want to make to suit what goes in ... Very quick and easy to use once you get used to it ..

Yesterday I blanched, packed and froze some parsnips I had dug up but we didn't eat all of them over xmas, some carrot and swede mash - again, from the allotment veg and which were left over, I made a batch of mince pies and half of those got sealed and frozen. It saves a lot of waste food and the nice thing is that stuff comes out as good as it goes in. We had summer raspberries in the trifle at Christmas out of the freezer (all the strawberries are gone) and I've got buckets full of frozen allotment gooseberries awaiting a jam production session.

I tend to freeze soft stuff on trays overnight and then vacumn pack them the following day so they don't get squashed as the vacumn is fairly strong - it will squash soft fruit together if you don't freeze it first.

[Vacumn Sealing machine]
Lets start a sous vide cooking thread..

Latest posts

Back