Left Handed Hive Tool

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi, as I am left handed, decided to cut the blade off , turn 180 degrees and weld . not pretty but much easier for me to use ! sorry for the size of the photo, Terry.

Nice idea. I am also left handed and have a j hive tool that is 34 years old it doesn't have the sharpened side only a sharpened end. Otherwise I use the standard hive tool.

best not tell Flanders he doesn't have his left handers shop anymore lol

As another of the 'devils children' :D
I chose to use the flat bladed one which is suitable for both left & right handed people.

But the beveled edge will be upside down !

Turn it so that is good.

I do not even know where that thing will be used.

I use Mora knife. IT is needed when I take propolis off from frame shoulders.
Small camping axe is good too.

Last edited:
Turn it so that is good.

I do not even know where that thing will be used.

I use Mora knife. IT is needed when I take propolis off from frame shoulders.
Small camping axe is good too.

Whats the axe for Finny?

Whats the axe for Finny?

That axe has 3 mm thick blade. Blade is wide and it is good in separating poly boxes. It is handy too in separating frames.

It works like Trowel, but blade is strong.

Boxes are glued often to each other with burr between frames. I need sometimes power to separate them.

That axe has 3 mm thick blade. Blade is wide and it is good in separating poly boxes. It is handy too in separating frames.

It works like Trowel, but blade is strong.

Boxes are glued often to each other with burr between frames. I need sometimes power to separate them.

Awesome thanks

Nice idea. I am also left handed and have a j hive tool that is 34 years old it doesn't have the sharpened side only a sharpened end. Otherwise I use the standard hive tool.
34 years is good going.I've lost three this year.

Latest posts

Back