last chance for honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on what part of the country you are from, down here I will be taking my last lot of this weekend and apiguard straight on and 4 weeks later estimate stores and feed as necessary, some in colder parts will feed fondant only, beekeeping is not on a time scale but forage and weather dependant.

Take the honey off when you have some. If using apiguard you need it on last week! If you are using MAQS then you need it on last week!??
Hurry with the treatment!
E

When would be the last chance to extract honey in the season? Taking into account needing time to put treatments into the hive and time for the treatment's to work.

Too many variables to say for sure.

Is there anything that is producing enough nectar in the hives vicinity is the 1st question?

Weather / what treatments are to be used and therefore their requirements.

It's really something that can only be answered by personal experience.
A seasoned local beekeeper may be able to advise but each year is different to the last.

Most of my apiaries / colonies have finished producing (at least at the moment) and will have all supers removed this weekend. I have one hive in my garden that seems to still be producing so I will wait a little longer before removing the last super.

Then again in my case, I have loads of deep combs of stores ready to just add to the BB's so I will probably not need to feed very much it at all for Winter!

Latest posts

Back