lamp for mounting on a rifle.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
never owned a lamp for mounting on a rifle and i am gonna buy one, any suggestions?
the rifle is a .17hmr cz and the scope a bushnell 4200 elite.
any info would be great thanks.

Darren

Spotlights on you 4wd are more powerful, and you can scan around better with those. Sorry if i did not answer you question more directly.

I use the Led Lenser P7 with the mount & pressure switch, its good and not that expensive. I used to have the Lightforce 170 but they are bulky, heavy and needed a battery pack but would still use the Lightforce plugged into the cigarette lighter when lamping from the car or whatever and when going into the field use the rifle mounted Lenser. The P7 uses 4 AAA batteries.

Only thing about the Led Lenser it that fleabay is full of fakes and you need to buy from a reputable supplier.

I have same rifle as you
I mount a tracer ledray pinspot on top of the scope (200m)
It is fantastic.
Rechargable and light

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deben-Tracer-LedRay-Spot-Light/dp/B007NYINKK"]Deben Tracer LedRay Pin Spot 200m Gun Light - Air Rifle / Rimfire Lamping: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Spotlights on you 4wd are more powerful, and you can scan around better with those. Sorry if i did not answer you question more directly.

thanks but the fields around here aren't big enough to be driving around in a 4x4,cover more ground walking .
Darren

Evrything you need is in the box for mounting on top of the scope
Has a bright setting and a dim setting depending on your quarry
Both work well

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about guns, but my husband is a farmer with severe night blindness, he has usher syndrome, and I had to find him the brightest torch, with the longest battery life. I found clulite made by cluson were the best. They also make a range of torches to go on guns. I highly recommend them. ( I don't work for them :)
http://clulite.cluson.co.uk/44-gunlights-spotlights

I use the Led Lenser P7 with the mount & pressure switch, its good and not that expensive. I used to have the Lightforce 170 but they are bulky, heavy and needed a battery pack but would still use the Lightforce plugged into the cigarette lighter when lamping from the car or whatever and when going into the field use the rifle mounted Lenser. The P7 uses 4 AAA batteries.

Only thing about the Led Lenser it that fleabay is full of fakes and you need to buy from a reputable supplier.

hey ye, what sorta distances do you be shooting at with this light?
cheers Darren

Isn't "lamping" frowned upon, bordering on illegal???

:judge:

the new cree ultra fire are a lot brighter than the lenser and very small
you can get them with scope mount and pressure switch from china on the auction website.
there is a good thread on the pigeon watch forum about adapting these small torches for longer distances

hey ye, what sorta distances do you be shooting at with this light?
cheers Darren

Sorry Darren, meant to reply a few days ago but it escaped me. Have used it a few times in the last year as my neighbour was having hens & ducks taken. I have used it out to 120 yards but I have heard of others using it out past 150.

Not to judge anyone in any way.
I have tried just about every kind of hunting & fishing that there is in this country and some from other countries, but as I've got older I have come to the conclusion that unless you are going to eat something, don't kill it.

Live and let live I say.

Not to judge anyone in any way.
I have tried just about every kind of hunting & fishing that there is in this country and some from other countries, but as I've got older I have come to the conclusion that unless you are going to eat something, don't kill it.

Live and let live I say.

I'd mostly agree, more now than I would have in the past, but there are some circumstances where pest control/management is needed like rats around food. That topic could be a whole thread by itself though!

I use a large clulite which I bought to sit ontop of my .243 but mainly gets used as a torch, the battery packs are larger than some other makes but it doesn't worry me as i'm never far from my landrover at night but it would be a disadvantage if on foot.

As for poachers, don't they tend to bring their own lamp which surely would mean you don't need one as you already have something to aim at?!

the new cree ultra fire are a lot brighter than the lenser and very small
you can get them with scope mount and pressure switch from china on the auction website.
there is a good thread on the pigeon watch forum about adapting these small torches for longer distances

I just bought one for work for £3.50 on ebay and just as good as the lenser ones bought in this country for £50.00
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7W-40...ing_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item5d3f969faa

Back